ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

italian residence permit holder gives birth to twins in UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SMOOTH OPERATOR

italian residence permit holder gives birth to twins in UK

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:28 pm

hi gguys just need some help here a friend of my friend gave birth to her twins here in the UK while on holiday. she and her husband both hold italian residence permit. they have been to their own country's embassy in london to endorse the twins on the mothers passport. but when they spoke to the italian embassy in the UK they asked them to go back to their embassy as ther are not italians!!!!! :? anyway italian embassy was told the twins have been endorsed on the mother's passport and only want to know if the residence permit extends to the twins or not or the parents will have to apply for visas for the twins in order for them to go back to italy? same answer: go back to your embassy because they are not italians. :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :?
guys wot do u think? on light on this?

thanks in advance

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: italian residence permit holder gives birth to twins in

Post by sakura » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm

SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:hi gguys just need some help here a friend of my friend gave birth to her twins here in the UK while on holiday. she and her husband both hold italian residence permit. they have been to their own country's embassy in london to endorse the twins on the mothers passport. but when they spoke to the italian embassy in the UK they asked them to go back to their embassy as ther are not italians!!!!! :? anyway italian embassy was told the twins have been endorsed on the mother's passport and only want to know if the residence permit extends to the twins or not or the parents will have to apply for visas for the twins in order for them to go back to italy? same answer: go back to your embassy because they are not italians. :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :?
guys wot do u think? on light on this?

thanks in advance
The embassy is correct. They are not Italians if neither parent is Italian. Also note that the children also are not entitled to British citizenship. What country are the parents from? Did they choose to give birth in the UK?

As for the residence permit, I don't know...maybe they need to obtain their own passports before anything can be done.

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:02 pm

thank for the reply sakura
erm.. the mother did not chose to have the babies here as it was an emergency birth.
secondly, they are not looking to obtain british citizenship for the kids as this is not the case :shock: :?

the italian embassy have asked them to see if there embassy can endorse the twins on the parents passport which has been done on the mothers' passport.

country of origin Peru :D

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:44 pm

That is very strange then....

Are they still in the UK? If they have already done as specified, I think they should be able to travel with the babies back to Italy without any problems. I can't imagine them having the time to obtain passports as well as visas, if that's what the embassy is requesting they do now.

Have they gone back to the embassy yet?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:06 pm

I would suggest that they obtain FULL passports for each twin instead of just having their names endorsed in their parents passports. A lot of countries no longer accept children being written into their parent's passports and insist that each child have their own separate passport.

This is perhaps what the Italian embassy is going on about. How is the Italian embassy supposed to issue each twin with a visa if they do not have their own passports?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.