ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for getting british citizenship for UK born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VA2011
Newly Registered

Query for getting british citizenship for UK born child

Post by VA2011 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Dear All,

I got my ILR in June 2017 , now we need to apply for British citizenship of my 6 year old UK born son ( Jan 2011) , Can anybody guide us for the process. and to make a note ,there are some confusion to me:

1) My son was away for more than 6 months from Uk in 2015. so still we can do this or not.

2) Is it two step or a single step process , means do we need register him first and then apply for British citizenship and is it just a single step ie. just registration .

3) How mush time it will take generally ?

Pls guide us

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query for getting british citizenship for UK born child

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

1. No issue.

2. If you apply by post, two step process : register first and once you get certificate then apply for passport. OR you can apply through NCS at the council and apply for registration as citizen and passport at the same time.

3. It can take a couple of months or it can take 6 months or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VA2011
Newly Registered

Post by VA2011 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can you also help me with below queries?

a) Which form should be used? MN1 form for both registration and passport?
b) Fees for each?
c) I read somewhere that we would require refree for registration, Can you confirm this too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 pm

a) MN1 for registration and the passport form from the Post Office for the passport.

b) £973 for MN1 and £46 for the Passport. Plus whatever NCS charges you if you submit through them.

c) Yes you need a referee that knows the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.