ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding PCC from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jayshah1983
Newly Registered

Regarding PCC from India

Post by jayshah1983 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:11 am

Hi all,

My wife and I are applying for Tier 2 general visa from India. We are currently in UK on Tier 5 and will be going to India in a few weeks to begin the process.
One of the documents is a PCC from India.
We have been living in Mumbai since 2012 after marriage but prior to that my wife was residing in Bengaluru. We are trying to apply for the PCC at local police service via authority letter to family back in India who can submit documents at local police station The passport seva kendra option requires us to be present personally which will delay our visa application.

Does she require PCC from Police services of Mumbai and Bengaluru?

ssavcn
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding PCC from India

Post by ssavcn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

You need it for the previous 10 years. I don't think Indian PCC taken locally in India is centralised so yes, it is best to take it from both places. Do check the procedure for making an online application through the Indian High Commission. If you do it through the latter route, you will get a centralised PCC that will cover her stay in both cities.

yash_d
Newly Registered

Post by yash_d » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi, I am in a similar situation and want to confirm if PCC issued by the Indian High commission,UK will suffice? Or do i need to apply from India only?

Thanks!

amit_b290
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by amit_b290 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi guys!

I'm a doctor switching from Tier 5 to Tier 2 general UK visa. I'm going to India to apply for this switch.
How was your experience getting the PCC?
Did you get it from India? How long did it take?

I have submitted an application with my passport at vfs global Hounslow office to get it done in the UK but the guy at desk said it may take 30 days! I told him the website says 7-8 days and he said website is incorrect.
I'm thinking of recalling the application and getting the passport as I have to travel to India in 2 weeks.

How did your PCC thing go?

Thanks

Amit