ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pensioner applying for a Spousal Visa to enter the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SandraArchangel
Newly Registered

Pensioner applying for a Spousal Visa to enter the UK

Post by SandraArchangel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Good day, I would like some advice please.

My mother is British and my father is South African. My parents want to leave South Africa and immigrate to the UK permanently. They have been married to each other for over 40 years and my father finally wants to settle in the UK with my mother and his children this year.

What are the requirements for my father to apply for a spousal visa? He was born in 1946 and my mother in 1954. I have read that my mother must be able to support him financially with a job but she is not working here yet. My father although 71 years of age is still able to work and wants to work in landscaping. Will they have issues applying for a spousal visa? I really hope not. :( I want my parents with me in this beautiful country. :P They will be living with me in a 4 bedroom house so space wont be an issue. Please HELP!!!!! :?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Pensioner applying for a Spousal Visa to enter the UK

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:05 pm

SandraArchangel wrote:Good day, I would like some advice please.

My mother is British and my father is South African. My parents want to leave South Africa and immigrate to the UK permanently. They have been married to each other for over 40 years and my father finally wants to settle in the UK with my mother and his children this year.

What are the requirements for my father to apply for a spousal visa? He was born in 1946 and my mother in 1954. I have read that my mother must be able to support him financially with a job but she is not working here yet. My father although 71 years of age is still able to work and wants to work in landscaping. Will they have issues applying for a spousal visa? I really hope not. :( I want my parents with me in this beautiful country. :P They will be living with me in a 4 bedroom house so space wont be an issue. Please HELP!!!!! :?
Do they have savings of £62,500 or more?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....