ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision Letter and Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

achilles2

Decision Letter and Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope

Post by achilles2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello,

When the HO asked for additional documents I sent them to the HO together with a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope. I assumed that when they reach a decision, they will send back to me my documents together with the Decision Letter in the pre-paid envelope.

My question is: does the HO use the pre-paid envelope for the Decision Letter or not? Or do they use it only to send back my documents?

There reason I am asking is because my status changed to "Decided" this week but there is no sign of the pre-paid Special Delivery envelope and when I enter the reference number in the Royal Mail tracking service it tells me "come back later" meaning that is has not been posted yet.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you,

A.

Chinho2k

Re: Decision Letter and Prepaid Special Delivery Envelope

Post by Chinho2k » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Usually send using their own brown envelope and will send approval letter, your prepaid envelope together with your documents.

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Chinho2k wrote:Usually send using their own brown envelope and will send approval letter, your prepaid envelope together with your documents.
Thanks Chinho.

So if I understand your reply correctly, the HO wiil send back to me the Decision Letter, my documents and my prepaid Special Delivery envelope inside their own brown envelope using second class post?

If this is the case then I will have to wait the standard 10 days I guess (plus I wasted a prepaid envelope!).

A.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Yes, a waste I know, considering they don't even bother to send back passports etc securely, it's a privilege and not a right so be a good new citizen and don't complain ;-)

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Surely they should use the prepaid SD envelope to send back my documents? Why would they not?

And I heard that sometimes they do send the approval letter in the prepaid envelope but at other times they just send it in a brown envelope using second class post.

Anyone else can offer an opinion on this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Your documents will likely come in the prepaid envelope.

The decision letter comes in an A5 brown envelope, 2nd class mail (looks a bit like junkmail post).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

100kg

Post by 100kg » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:51 pm

thats nice to know your status changed to decided mate. when did u apply if i may asked. i applied 2 months ago and my status still says awaiting decsion since june 5th.

about the envelope not a clue mate sorry

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:03 pm

CR001 wrote:Your documents will likely come in the prepaid envelope.

The decision letter comes in an A5 brown envelope, 2nd class mail (looks a bit like junkmail post).
Thanks CR001, but how do you explain that I have not yet received my documents back if HO used the prepaid Special Delivery envelope and the decision was made on 06/07/17? Special Delivery is next working day and Royal Mail tracking says that the item has not been posted yet.

I do understand that the Decision Letter was posted separately using 2nd class mail so it will take the standard 10 days to arrive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:18 pm

It takes a while for the stuff to get to the post room to be sent.

You should also note that if you are using the new trial BETA service to track your application, it could very well be giving incorrect info.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:22 pm

CR001 wrote:Your documents will likely come in the prepaid envelope.

My partner's documents arrived in a brown envelope together with her Special Delivery SAE enclosed a year ago this month, initially missed the approval letter in amongst the returned documents, only saw it several hours later on the same day.

On Monday I requested all my documents back and received them on Friday, again with my Special Delivery SAE enclosed unused.

achilles2

Post by achilles2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:It takes a while for the stuff to get to the post room to be sent.
That's useful to know, thank you. So the prepaid envelope will likely reach the post room on Monday and I should get it on Tuesday.

CR001 wrote: You should also note that if you are using the new trial BETA service to track your application, it could very well be giving incorrect info.
My status updated to "Decided" today with a decision date of 06/07/17 so this is consistent with what others have reported. The brown envelope with the Decision Letter normaly arrives within a week of 10 days tops from decision date.

abigail2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by abigail2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:48 am

achilles2 wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:38 pm
Hello,

When the HO asked for additional documents I sent them to the HO together with a pre-paid Special Delivery envelope. I assumed that when they reach a decision, they will send back to me my documents together with the Decision Letter in the pre-paid envelope.

My question is: does the HO use the pre-paid envelope for the Decision Letter or not? Or do they use it only to send back my documents?

There reason I am asking is because my status changed to "Decided" this week but there is no sign of the pre-paid Special Delivery envelope and when I enter the reference number in the Royal Mail tracking service it tells me "come back later" meaning that is has not been posted yet.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you,

A.
Hi achilles2,

I am in the same situation right now. May I ask...How long after you sent the additional documents to HO did it take to get the original documents back? And did they use your prepaid special delivery envelope for the documents or even for the decision letter? HO requested original documents and I sent them off straight away. I checked that they receiced them on 23.10.17. I included a prepaid special delivery envelope and I now wonder how long it will take to get my documents back and if the decision letter will arrive separately. I'm moving in 1 month from today 😑 so I really hope to get it back before that.