ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed from WP to HSMP, Please reply I am really stress

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alphauk1

Help needed from WP to HSMP, Please reply I am really stress

Post by alphauk1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Dear Forum,

I have been advised to write to knowledgeable forum members for some advice. Please can someone point me towards the right direction and put my mind to rest: Below are the background and my questions. Please let me thank you immensely for reading my post and for any valuable advice you may have.

I applied for a change of work permit last year in March which was duly sent with FLR in April. All been fine I decided to apply for HSMP last month.
I submitted my application last week along with following documents:
• Wage slip original (stamped, signed) from April 07 to Jan 08 (10 month with income point scored 20)
• Letter from previous employer Jan 07 till Mar 07 wages confirmation
• University letter (along with ref etc, UK qualification)
• Degree & Transcript
• Birth Certificate
• Letter from Current Employer

All been fine and I submitted my application on the 7th of Feb and payment cleared on 8th.
Now my question is I want to leave my current job and work independently (as in not tied to one employer, therefore applying for HSMP)
I am currently on holiday and not sure what should I do? Should I just wait till I get my initial approval and then let them know that I have left my current job and have 28 days grace period after that? Or should I leave till I get my FLR? I have no one to ask this and feel really upset and saddened.
So far I have been given initial work permit and then further change of employment work permit and just wanted to make sure I am on the right track.
Please can someone be kind enough to reply? Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Regards
Alphauk1

vnvijay

Re: Help needed from WP to HSMP, Please reply I am really st

Post by vnvijay » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi,

Could you pls send your query to the below e-mail i,d, hope the experts would help you.
hsmpuk@yahoogroups.com

Vijay
alphauk1 wrote:Dear Forum,

I have been advised to write to knowledgeable forum members for some advice. Please can someone point me towards the right direction and put my mind to rest: Below are the background and my questions. Please let me thank you immensely for reading my post and for any valuable advice you may have.

I applied for a change of work permit last year in March which was duly sent with FLR in April. All been fine I decided to apply for HSMP last month.
• Wage slip original (stamped, signed) from April 07 to Jan 08 (10 month with income point scored 20)
• Degree & Transcript
• Birth Certificate

All been fine and I submitted my application on the 7th of Feb and payment cleared on 8th.
Now my question is I want to leave my current job and work independently (as in not tied to one employer, therefore applying for HSMP)
I am currently on holiday and not sure what should I do? Should I just wait till I get my initial approval and then let them know that I have left my current job and have 28 days grace period after that? Or should I leave till I get my FLR? I have no one to ask this and feel really upset and saddened.
So far I have been given initial work permit and then further change of employment work permit and just wanted to make sure I am on the right track.
Please can someone be kind enough to reply? Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Regards
Alphauk1

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Help needed from WP to HSMP, Please reply I am really st

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi

I dont understand why you are sad and dismay.
You should just wait for initial approval. You need not to tell them that you are leaving the job. All they need is your previous income proof which you have provided. Once you get Approval, apply immediately for FLR with the same documents that you sent for HSMP Approval. Once you get the reference number (FLR) send Urgent Treatment Form and you will get your passport back within couple of days. This might be process of 15-20 days as a whole. You can start your new job or business until you get your FLR.
In the meantime, just relax and wait.

alphauk1 wrote:Dear Forum,

• Degree & Transcript
• Birth Certificate

Regards
Alphauk1
Thinking low is crime....

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:26 pm

Dear Mahmood,

Many Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that I should just wait till i get my HSMP approval. Yes i have submitted all my wage slips till last month. What i was not sure if i should let my employer and home office.

Many Thanks for your advice.

I hope if few more people will advice me and put my mind to rest.

Once again many thanks.

Regards
Alphauk1

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 pm

alphauk1 wrote:Dear Mahmood,

Many Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that I should just wait till i get my HSMP approval. Yes i have submitted all my wage slips till last month. What i was not sure if i should let my employer and home office.

Many Thanks for your advice.

I hope if few more people will advice me and put my mind to rest.

Once again many thanks.

Regards
Alphauk1
Hi alphauk1,
Mahmood adviced you rightly.

I too will suggest the same

Dont resign present job atleast until you get your HSMP is approved.

HSMP approval is most crucial thing, FLR usually wont have any problems. So dont take any hasty decision before having HSMP approved in hand

Once you have your HSMP approved, and if you are sure that you have good documents for FLR (maintenance and accomodation proof), apply for FLR and You can resign or be on holiday from your current employer from that moment

But in any case you should not work independatly or to another employer until you get your FLR approved as per law (But many will start working immedietly on gettiing HSMP approval, but I wont suggest that for safer side, to make your future applications safer)

Now rest in peace .. Just wait and watch the outcome of your HSMP application and dont take any decision before you get that in hand.

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Hari,

Many Thanks for your advice. As adviced I will wait fro the out and hope for the best. I hope my documents are fine for HSMP.

Once again many thanks for your advice.

Kind Regards
Alphauk1

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Guys,

Do you think my documents are ok as mentioned below: I am constantly thinking about my HSMP application. Perhaps few words will put my mind on rest:

• Degree & Transcript
• Birth Certificate

Many Thanks

Alphauk1

chiraju

Post by chiraju » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 am

Hi.

It would have been better if you could have provided the bank statement also.
If your application is not with any case worker hurry and get your bank statements for the claim period ...

All the best ...

alphauk1 wrote:Hi Guys,

Do you think my documents are ok as mentioned below: I am constantly thinking about my HSMP application. Perhaps few words will put my mind on rest:

• Degree & Transcript
• Birth Certificate

Many Thanks

Alphauk1

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

Hi,

I was told that as long as I get wage slip and letter from employer these two evidence are ok and I dont need a bank slip.

Hope this is ok.

Regards
Alphauk1

(The HSMP form does state 2 evidence of income, be it wage slip, letter from employer, tax document or bank statement)

Hope this is ok!!

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am bit concern that I have not heard anything about my HSMP. Please see the following information:

Applied 7th Feb

Fees 8th Feb

No Info since then. Please can you let me know how long does it take for HSMP?

Regards
alphauk1

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Relax...have a look at the time lines for HSMP application processing. Remember it is a waiting game something that you will have to get used to - waiting for the next extension and another one than the ILR (or probationary citizenship - sounds like a criminal sentence!!) and for citizenship.

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks for your responses so far. I am afraid I have still not heard anything about my approval.

Although they have taken the payment for FLR (£350) this morning. Please can you let me know from your experience if this is normall and all is fine?

I am really stress and I know its a waiting game but everytime someone replies its the reassurance and advice which helps.

Regards
Alphauk1

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:46 pm

alphauk1 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Many Thanks for your responses so far. I am afraid I have still not heard anything about my approval.

Although they have taken the payment for FLR (£350) this morning. Please can you let me know from your experience if this is normall and all is fine?

I am really stress and I know its a waiting game but everytime someone replies its the reassurance and advice which helps.

Regards
Alphauk1
Did you look at the processing times for hsmp?

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi,

Is the normall processing time is 2 weeks or more? Also if they have taken FLR payment does that mean anything or is it a standard practise?

Regards
A

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Below are my below are my details:

Aplication Sent: 6th Feb

Recieved HO: 7th Feb

Payment : 8th Feb

FLR Payment 25th Feb

I have not heard anything about my application. Please can someone tell me from there expereince how long does it normall take? Also they have now taken the money for FLR as well.

Please reply.

Regards
A

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:26 am

Hi,

Please can someone reply and let me know from their opinion if this is normall.

regards
a

Post by 1971 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi,
it depends on your case.But normally in-country application takes about a month for CW to decide and come back to you. Be patient because no one on this forum can give you the exact date. But only estimates and the circumstances as at the time you applied.There may also be verifications that HO might want to carry out,if this happens, it delays awhile. Just calm all nerves down.It will be fine if you believe.You can also WIN...

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi,

Many Thanks for your reply, I will sit tight and hope all goes well.

Regards
A

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Everyone,

This morning I recieved a letter from Border & Immigration Agency. Please see the letter below. My ref number is: LT2977******/***

Please let me know in your opinion if all is fine:

"We acknowledge receipt of your application and confirm that, where applicable, payment has been processed and cleared. Your application will be passed to Leave to Remain Team for consideration.

We aim to decide 70% applications within four weeks and 90% within nine weeks. The latest information on current process times is available on the 'Work Permits' section of our website:www.workingintheuk.gov.uk.

We ask that you refrain from calling about your application until after 28 days has been passed. However, in the event of an emergency, should the need arise for you to contact us please quote our reference number stated above.

Please do not send any additional evidence to Work Permits (UK) unless requested to do so by your case worker. Your case worker will provide you their contact name and address to send all correspondence to, thus helping to ensure safe receipt"

Regards
Alphauk1

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Please let me know if it is normal to wait this long? Below are my stats:

HSMP

Applied: 7th Feb
Resul: waiting

FLR
[/u]

Applied: :22 Feb
Payment :25 Feb
Ref: :LT2977******/***

I am still waiting to hear from HO, not sure what is going on . The consultant advised me that all seems to be fine and this is normal to wait as they have a backlog of application.

I just want if someone is in similar circumstances.

Regards
Alphauk1

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:27 pm

I believe nobody could give you a definite answer. Estimate time is also difficult because
a. People did not see the documents you have submitted.
b. Is your case have been picked up for verification? If so than it might take months before you get approval? In your case is quite simple as all your evidence is from UK (as you said you switch from WP to HSMP)

Also every application will be considered on its own merit.
FYI there has been a few cases get approval within 1-2week, have been reported here. On other occasion, I have read in this forum people have been waiting for 4 months but the cases have not been decided yet.
So actually it is irrelevant if you are trying to compare your case with other people case, as you do not know his case, he does not know your case either.

So what I could say is just relax keep on with life, stay positive and confidence.

HSMP

FLR
[/u]

I am still waiting to hear from HO, not sure what is going on . The consultant advised me that all seems to be fine and this is normal to wait as they have a backlog of application.

Regards
Alphauk1
Pantaiema

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Many Thanks for you reply. I think that because some people were getting a reply in 1 or 2 weeks. I agree that its just a waiting game. My consultant after i sent in the message assured me that he should hear very soon.

Fingers cross and i pray all goes fine.

Kind Regards
A

pantaiema wrote:I believe nobody could give you a defenite answer. Estimate time is also difficult because
a. People did not see the documents you have submitted.
b. Is yoour case have been picked up for verification ? If so than it might take monhs before you get approval.

Also every applicaiton will be consodered on its own merit.
FYI there have been a few cases get aproval within 1-2week, have been reported here. On other occacion, I have read iin this forum people have been waiting for 4 months but the cases have been decided yet.
So actually it is irrelevant if you are trying to compare your case with other people case, as you do not know his case, he does not knpw your case either.

So what I could say is just relax keep on with life, stay positive and confidence.

HSMP

FLR
[/u]

Regards
Alphauk1

alphauk1

Post by alphauk1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am

Thanks Everyone,

I recieved my confirmation this morning. I thank each and everyone of you for your support and guidance. More so I pray that people who are waiting to hear get their application approved asap.

I am waiting for my FLR now. Once again many thanks to this forum members.

Kind Regards
A

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Congratulation alphauk1

Welcome to HSMP/Tier 1 World
alphauk1 wrote:Thanks Everyone,

I recieved my confirmation this morning. I thank each and everyone of you for your support and guidance. More so I pray that people who are waiting to hear get their application approved asap.

I am waiting for my FLR now. Once again many thanks to this forum members.

Kind Regards
A
Pantaiema

touchsensor

Congrats!

Post by touchsensor » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Congrats alphauk!

P