ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirpur
- thin ice -

Advice needed on visa extension

Post by mirpur » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 am

Hi everyone

I would really appreciate some advice please.

I am a British citizen and my wife is not. I earn less than the required 18k to extend her visa. She has been here for just under 3 years and her visa runs out in two months.

We have a british born child and we are expecting another child in the next month. Would i be able to get her an extension without having the 18k salary?

Its impossible for her to go back in our situation.

Any help?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice needed on visa extension

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 pm

You can cover the shortfall by savings if you have or I think through the wages of your partner if was working.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:25 pm

The minimum annual income level is £18,600 not £18,000.

If you are unable to make up the shortfall with savings over £16,000 or through joint earnings, your wife will have to submit a FLR(FP) PARTNER application. This is a 10 year route to settlement (ILR).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mirpur
- thin ice -

Post by mirpur » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi casa, thanks a lot for that.

So how long an extention will this get me?

So this means she gets an ilr after five years and nationality after 10?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 am

mirpur wrote:Hi casa, thanks a lot for that.

So how long an extention will this get me? 2.5 years

So this means she gets an ilr after five years and nationality after 10? No, if she stays on this route it will be 10 years to ILR. She can switch to FLR(M) as soon as you are able to meet the £18,600 minimum income level.
Ensure you apply for FLR(FP) Partner route. FLR(FP) Parent route is only for couples with a child or children who are living separately.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.