ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of PR status acquisition

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Date of PR status acquisition

Post by Nimitta » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:31 am

I received the decision letter from the HO and it's a bit puzzling. And here is why:

Entered the UK on 05/09/20111
EEA started working as self-employed (as stated on the Self-assessment) on 05/09/2011
EEA issued first invoice on 17/09/09
The payment received as shown on the bank statement on 21/09/2011

The decision letter states I acquired PR status on 02/08/2016 which is weird because 02/08/2011 is 1 month and 3 days before I even crossed the border.

I shouldn't apply for citizenship before 05/09/2017 , that's for sure, even though the letter states otherwise. However, on what date I can apply then? I am struggling to understand how they came up with the date, it doesn't seem to be corresponding to any relevant days I mentioned above. Any thoughts?
Mean what you say, say what you mean

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Re: Date of PR status acquisition

Post by fatimahh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 am

No thought :D , just glad to see that you have retrieve your documents and passport :D
GOD BLESS!!!

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am

fatimahh wrote:No thought :D , just glad to see that you have retrieve your documents and passport :D
Thank you! They arrived today after a number of phone calls and emails.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:35 pm

So the way I see it I have three options here.

1. Apply, say, in the end of September without sending all PR supporting documents.
2. Apply in September sending all PR supporting documents.
3. Get in touch with the HO and ask them to revise the PR acquisition date since the one they mentioned in the decision letter is obviously not correct - if it is indeed an option. I am not sure if they do such revisions at all.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to contact HO and ask them to review the PR status acquisition date or it is impossible? I am at loss and don't know what would be the best way to deal with the issue. Can someone please help me out?

jaecd
Newly Registered

Post by jaecd » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:38 am

Review means another 6 months wait.
Apply your BC after 06/09/2017.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 pm

jaecd wrote:Review means another 6 months wait.
Apply your BC after 06/09/2017.
I see. Thank you very much. I will apply in September and to be on the safe side will send all supporting documents one more time.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Make sure you provide the documentation required for naturalisation under UK law:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

It is not the same as PR (different rules) which come under EEA regulations.
NB. Post BC questions in the separate forum.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:11 pm

alterhase58 wrote:Make sure you provide the documentation required for naturalisation under UK law:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

It is not the same as PR (different rules) which come under EEA regulations.
NB. Post BC questions in the separate forum.
Thank you, I will

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:24 pm

Mystery solved. Now I know why the HO chose that earlier date. On the application we listed earlier entrances, and during the first one my ex registered as self-employed, worked and payed taxes. Then we left and came back later. I totally ignored that first time because we didn't really plan to settle down, but we mentioned it on the application because there was a question about every EEA FP ever issued. :D

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:03 pm

That mean thet do not really double check before confirming PR acquisition date :shock: !!! Honestly by doing so they could jeopardize people Citizenship application.
GOD BLESS!!!

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 pm

fatimahh wrote:That mean thet do not really double check before confirming PR acquisition date :shock: !!! Honestly by doing so they could jeopardize people Citizenship application.
No, no! They got it right. :-) And I am quite sure they doublecheck and triplecheck the PR acquisition date. From the point of immigration law, my first stay is in no way different from the second one. Both time I came with EU spouse, both on EEAFP, both time EU was working, both times paying taxes. The only difference is the first time we didn't really intend to settle down, but this is purely psychological aspect of the matter. Just because I didn't take into account that first time does not mean it shouldn't or couldn't have been taken into account.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Nimitta wrote:
fatimahh wrote:That mean thet do not really double check before confirming PR acquisition date :shock: !!! Honestly by doing so they could jeopardize people Citizenship application.
No, no! They got it right. :-) And I am quite sure they doublecheck and triplecheck the PR acquisition date. From the point of immigration law, my first stay is in no way different from the second one. Both time I came with EU spouse, both on EEAFP, both time EU was working, both times paying taxes. The only difference is the first time we didn't really intend to settle down, but this is purely psychological aspect of the matter. Just because I didn't take into account that first time does not mean it shouldn't or couldn't have been taken into account.
That is good to know then. Good luck with citizenship
GOD BLESS!!!

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks! To you too! :D