ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contacted by UKVI

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tyrone_tsipar
Newly Registered

Contacted by UKVI

Post by Tyrone_tsipar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask those who were contacted by UKVI during their application process about what sort of questions were they asked and did they contact the employer of the individual directly.
My main concern is if they try to call during working hours and I am unable to answer or if they call the office and I am not there at that time will this be an issue?

Thank you in advance

Tyrone_tsipar
Newly Registered

Priority service via VFS website

Post by Tyrone_tsipar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello,

I am just wanting to know whether anyone has purchased the priority service via the VFS website or paid for the priority service at their bio-metric appointment and what is the procedure?

SimonS

Re: Priority service via VFS website

Post by SimonS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi Tyrone,

I purchased the priority service for my wifes application from Russia.

If you are doing the online submission from outside the UK the procedure is you must complete VAF 4a. I can't remember the exact order but a whole load of new options appear once you submit. You will be invited to pay for the application, pay the IHS charge, make a Biometric appointment at your chosen centre then finally you will be invited to set up an account with VFS Global which is linked to your GWF number and the biometric centre. It is in this account that you have the option to add the priority service and pay for it. This must be done before biometrics.

Previously I have been an advocate of paying the fee for the service. However, given that I'm now on working day 56 out of 60 since biometrics with no decision in sight I feel like I wasted my money and it is absolutely not worth it. This belief is further supported by the fact that I have not seen anybody on this site who paid priority get a decision before 40 or so working days recently. The last two I'm aware of on priority were 55 and 57 working days. There was one applicant from Canada that got a decision in 37 working days on priority but I don't count that since I believe Canadian and US applicants are treated a little differently. That's just my opinion by the way. I've seen a number of people who opted for the standard service get a decision within 60 days also.

It's up to you but given the mess that UKV&I seems to be in at the moment and the ever increasing timelines for decision I personally don't believe it is worth the extra £551. If you get close to 60 working days having paid the fee, neither will you!

Also, just remember, they have a clause which states even if you pay for priority service, your application could still take 12 weeks. It guarantees you nothing.

Hope this is useful for you.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Tyrone_tsipar
Newly Registered

Post by Tyrone_tsipar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your helpful response.

I have actually filled out the application form from the UK or should I say the solicitor filled it out. He then opted for the standard service without asking me whether I wanting to go for the priority service (which I did). He said the application has been submitted and now cannot be changed.

I was then informed that when my wife will submit her bio metrics and hand in her passport, she will be able to pay for the priority service there. She would then need to post out to me the confirmation of having purchased the priority service which I would then submit along with my supporting evidence.

As for whether the priority service is worth the money, then as you say that is very debatable. I know of a few people who have opted to go for it and it has taken approximately 12 weeks to get a response.
But having said that I am also hearing that standard applications are taking up to 24 weeks to get a response! That's what got me thinking I may be better off paying the extra £551 if it means hearing back from them in half the time.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Tyrone_tsipar wrote:Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your helpful response.

I have actually filled out the application form from the UK or should I say the solicitor filled it out. He then opted for the standard service without asking me whether I wanting to go for the priority service (which I did). He said the application has been submitted and now cannot be changed.

I was then informed that when my wife will submit her bio metrics and hand in her passport, she will be able to pay for the priority service there. She would then need to post out to me the confirmation of having purchased the priority service which I would then submit along with my supporting evidence.

As for whether the priority service is worth the money, then as you say that is very debatable. I know of a few people who have opted to go for it and it has taken approximately 12 weeks to get a response.
But having said that I am also hearing that standard applications are taking up to 24 weeks to get a response! That's what got me thinking I may be better off paying the extra £551 if it means hearing back from them in half the time.
There are a few members on this forum that have paid priority and have been waiting since December 2016. I personally wouldn't advice priority service either because there is no guarantee whatsoever that you will get a decision even within 12 weeks.

But, to each his own and all the best with your application!

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 pm

I used the priority service and applied on 3rd may (biometric) on the 10th July we checked online and it said a decision has been made but we still haven't been contacted to collect the passport so priority does take very long tbh.

Tyrone_tsipar
Newly Registered

Post by Tyrone_tsipar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes I think you are all right priority does seem to take quite a long time these days. The only problem is I am hearing that non priority applications are taking 6 months to get an answer back and in some cases even longer. Does anyone know about this?

Tyrone_tsipar
Newly Registered

Re: Contacted by UKVI

Post by Tyrone_tsipar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Anyone have any information about this?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 am

Tyrone_tsipar wrote:Thanks for the responses guys.

Yes I think you are all right priority does seem to take quite a long time these days. The only problem is I am hearing that non priority applications are taking 6 months to get an answer back and in some cases even longer. Does anyone know about this?
You may want to read the update on my thread page 2

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 26338.html

They have finally communicated to us that the decision has been made within the 60 working days guidance for all settlement applications - priority and non-priority in Russia. We don't know what the decision is but hopefully will find out good news this week. Obviously this is way over the 15 working days that convinced me to pay for this service, but it is nowhere near 6 months!!

Whilst some non-priority and indeed priority applications are severely delayed, the reasons for this are disputed and certainly it seems mistakes have been made. The working guidance is that all Russian applications are completed in 60 days, the fact that we got a decision notification after 58 working days gives me the feeling of being short-changed.

You should check the timescales on gov.uk for the jurisdiction from where your wife is applying. I don't see that you have mentioned that yet.

Miss katie has already reported in the following thread (page 15) that despite having not received a decision, she has had her priority fee refunded after 50 days!! That kind of sets a precedent. Perhaps an insurance policy. Something I am considering.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... 4-280.html

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

SimonS

Re: Contacted by UKVI

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 am

Friendly words of advice, you should really keep all of your questions on your own original thread. The moderators are not keen on users opening multiple threads pertaining to their own circumstances. This is likely to be locked if they decide it is only of benefit to you. This is clear in the forum rules.

You have several people responding to your original thread. That is good! Other users check what is going on and try to assist there :!: