ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) 2.5 year renewal questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

junebug1981
Newly Registered

FLR(M) 2.5 year renewal questions

Post by junebug1981 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi all, thanks for the help - my wife is on a 2.5 year spouse visa to the UK, commenced in July 2015 and due to expire Jan 2018 (2.5 years). We will be wishing to extend this by another 2.5 years. However, over the next 6 months I will be travelling out of the country for work.

Questions I had:

1. Can we apply for the 2.5 year extension now? (6 months early) and is there a deadline of the earliest or latest you can apply for the extension?

2. For the renewal, what supporting documents are required? It's very confusing (as always!)

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) 2.5 year renewal questions

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:10 pm

1. Applying 6 months too early is not a good idea. There will be a huge shortfall and you will have to do a third FLR(M) extension to make up this time. Apply closet to reaching 2.5 years rwsidence on FLR(M). What date did your she enter the UK?

2. Read the form. Mostly the same documents and she needs A2 English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.