ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about Timing of ILR Application.. Please HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidB

Confused about Timing of ILR Application.. Please HELP!

Post by SidB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:56 am

Hi,

I am confused about when I should apply for my ILR which is due this year. Here are the facts:

1. My work permit was stamped and valid till 28th May 2008 (am guessing it was originally stamped on 28th May 2003 for 5 years)
2. The home office stamp on the work is dated 10th June 2003
3. My employment started on 10th August 2003
4. I was away on holiday from 15th June to 10th August as I had time for my employment to begin

Can someone advise when I should apply for ILR? Should I count 4 weeks before the home office stamp, work permit expiry or my employment date? If I take the home office stamp or work permit expiry date my absences go up significantly given my month and a half long break. I can afford to apply later since I'm now on HSMP which is valid till end of this year.

Could someone please advise on when I should apply?

Many thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:08 pm

What was your status before the work permit?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SidB

Post by SidB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 pm

I was on a student visa and made an incountry application. Once my work permit was stamped I left on holiday in June and came back in to the country on a wp in august.