ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ldvroul
Newly Registered

Extension

Post by ldvroul » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello!

Here is my situation:

When I was getting my current visa, which ends on August 2nd, I applied basing on a CAS from a course called UFP, which is sort of an equivalent to A Level. The course was supposed to start in September and end on June 2nd, and therefore I got the visa for the length of the course + 2 months, as is states in the visas guide also. However, in November I switched to an intensive A Level course in the same college, which didn't exceed my visa allowance (ended June 26th) and therefore I didn't reapply for a new visa with a new CAS but stayed with my old one.

Now, I'm getting my A Level exam results on August 17th, and since I've had mitigating circumstances during my exam period, I would want to be in the UK when the results are released to be able to visit and contact universities quickly to provide any additional information on the issue they may require, and also for Clearing if it gets there. Not to mention that being here to collect the results and CAS physically, rather than wait for it to be sent, is just a lot more convenient regardless of the mitigating circumstances.

I'm wondering if it is possible to extend my current Tier 4 under such circumstances and basing on the fact that it actually would be until the end of August if I applied with my actual course's CAS (till June 26th + 2 months)?

Alternatively, would it be better to just return to my home country before August 2nd and from there apply for Standard Visitor explaining my circumstances and come back for my results as a visitor (and then go back to reapply again for my Tier 4 with the university as a sponsor when I get CAS from the uni) and what are my chances if I do so (I've read that many students do this when coming back for graduation ceremony)?

Many thanks and hope I haven't taken too much of your time.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Extension

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 pm

ldvroul wrote:I'm wondering if it is possible to extend my current Tier 4 under such circumstances and basing on the fact that it actually would be until the end of August if I applied with my actual course's CAS (till June 26th + 2 months)?{/quote]
No. You could have done this if you had requested a CAS before your course finished, but it's too late now.
ldvroul wrote:Alternatively, would it be better to just return to my home country before August 2nd and from there apply for Standard Visitor explaining my circumstances and come back for my results as a visitor (and then go back to reapply again for my Tier 4 with the university as a sponsor when I get CAS from the uni)
That is your only choice, although I don't see the necessity for being in the UK to receive your results.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ldvroul
Newly Registered

Re: Extension

Post by ldvroul » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

sah10406 wrote:
ldvroul wrote:I'm wondering if it is possible to extend my current Tier 4 under such circumstances and basing on the fact that it actually would be until the end of August if I applied with my actual course's CAS (till June 26th + 2 months)?{/quote]
No. You could have done this if you had requested a CAS before your course finished, but it's too late now.
ldvroul wrote:Alternatively, would it be better to just return to my home country before August 2nd and from there apply for Standard Visitor explaining my circumstances and come back for my results as a visitor (and then go back to reapply again for my Tier 4 with the university as a sponsor when I get CAS from the uni)
That is your only choice, although I don't see the necessity for being in the UK to receive your results.
Thanks a lot for your reply!
The necessity for me is primarily in being able to contact universities quickly in case I need to go through Clearing.