ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JoshHman
Newly Registered

Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Post by JoshHman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:20 am

Hi everyone,

My partner has the Stamp 4EUFAM. Next month we are going to the UK and then she plans on going back to her home country for a visit (outside the EU) from the UK. However, I don't intend on going with her as I have to work back in Ireland. My question is: will she still be able to travel from the UK without risk? Will she need any other documents apart from the residence card? I can't find this info anywhere and email response from the Justice dept has been typically vague.

Thanks everyone

J

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:31 am

If travelling alone, there's an extremely strong chance she'll get stopped and not allowed on her onwards flight since the U.K. has border control for transit flights.

So you can opt to apply for a airside transit visa or a 24-48hr transit visa which when all things considered will cost you the same as a 6 month multiple entry visa application.

My advise would be to consider the 6 month multiple general visitor visa which should cover her travelling to and from the U.K.

Hope this helps

Desert_Hawk
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling alone with Stamp 4EUFAM from UK

Post by Desert_Hawk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi,
Your wife doesnt require visa if she is leaving UK within 24 hours of entry when she is alone. People with category D visa of Ireland dont require transit visa if they are travelling to or from Ireland & their transit in the UK is less than 24 hours. Please read page 10, 11 & 12.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hc-693.pdf

Please print these 3 pages out & she can keep them with her, just in case if she gets across some 1(Immigration officer both in the UK & Ukraine) who is not very knowledgeable.
I have stamp 4 EUFAM myself & have transited 3 times. You have to know your rights & have to stay confident. Wont have any problem.
I hope will resolve the issue.