ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling period for changing employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

optimusprime75
Newly Registered

Cooling period for changing employer

Post by optimusprime75 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello,

Recently I have changed employer (June 2017) and I'm on TIER 2 General Visa now. I wanted to know is there a cooling period if I want to change the employer again in near future?

Many thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Cooling period for changing employer

Post by gag285 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:45 pm

optimusprime75 wrote:Hello,

Recently I have changed employer (June 2017) and I'm on TIER 2 General Visa now. I wanted to know is there a cooling period if I want to change the employer again in near future?

Many thanks
No but changing employer means a new Tier 2 visa and hence demands the full process (RLMT etc)

optimusprime75
Newly Registered

Post by optimusprime75 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 pm

gag285 wrote:
optimusprime75 wrote:Hello,

Many thanks
No but changing employer means a new Tier 2 visa and hence demands the full process (RLMT etc)
Thanks and yes off-course full RLMT will need to be done. Can I change the job straight away as I have got TIER 2 General -leave to remain last month?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 am

You can change your employer whenever you want. you will just have to pay another application fee and IHS.And also ensure that a proper RLMT is carried out.
I will advise you continue to work or resume work with your new employer (the one with your current visa) until you make another application successfully. You might want to be careful with changing your employer immediately if you haven't resumed as to avoid employment gap
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

optimusprime75
Newly Registered

Post by optimusprime75 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:34 am

Djsuccess wrote:You can change your employer whenever you want. you will just have to pay another application fee and IHS.And also ensure that a proper RLMT is carried out.
I will advise you continue to work or resume work with your new employer (the one with your current visa) until you make another application successfully. You might want to be careful with changing your employer immediately if you haven't resumed as to avoid employment gap
Thanks @Djsuccess and yes full and proper RLMT is carried out. Will there be any impact on my profile when applying for ILR etc. if I change employer immediately. Another employer is large organisation with better pay that is the reason I wanted to change.

Regards

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:43 am

optimusprime75 wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:You can change your employer whenever you want. you will just have to pay another application fee and IHS.And also ensure that a proper RLMT is carried out.
Thanks @Djsuccess and yes full and proper RLMT is carried out. Will there be any impact on my profile when applying for ILR etc. if I change employer immediately. Another employer is large organisation with better pay that is the reason I wanted to change.

Regards
Wy you think it will impact ILR. Tier 2 to ILR is the easiest of all as long as you're earning £35K.

Just make sure you switch to new employer within 60 days then you're good
II Youths a stuff neve endures II