ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

szuwarek984
Newly Registered

Permanent residence

Post by szuwarek984 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello. I entered UK on 7/06/2017. I was granted a permanent residence card which was issued on 13/08/2016. Now I am planning to apply for a British passport. However I am not sure if I can apply now (I live in UK more than 6 years) or I have to wait till 13/08/2017 (date of issue of my permanent residence card). The letter from The Home Office doesn't state when I was granted permanent residence.

I would like to know if I should count 1 year of getting permanent residence status from 07/06/2016 (5 years after I entered UK) or from 13/08/2016 (date of issue of my permanent residence card).

Thank you in advance for the help.

Thanks,
Artur

Muira
United States of America

Re: Permanent residence

Post by Muira » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Artur, you need citizenship in order to apply for a British passport. Or do you mean that you want to apply for citizenship, rather than the passport?

rmahtani
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent residence

Post by rmahtani » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Yes, citizenship and then passport. Do a Subject Access Request to see the real date they consider you PR