ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - FLRM extension after 2.5 years English test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarz
Newly Registered

Urgent help - FLRM extension after 2.5 years English test

Post by sarz » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Dear Sir/Madam
I have been granted FLR (m) on September 2015. I sat an English language test on October 2014 and I have passed B1 Esol Grade 5 (Speaking and Listening) entry level 3 from Trinity College (before 6 April 2015) with a Home Office approved provider and which was accepted as successful application.

My visa extension is due on September 2017, Home Office has now required A2 SELT – GESE Grade 3 qualification for visa extension after completing 2.5 years.

My question is that, can I submit my same qualification B1 Esol Grade 5 in order to obtain visa extension as this is higher than A2 SELT – GESE, this is also stated in FLR (m) form that you may still be able to use your test with this application but only if it is at or above the appropriate level and was accepted as part of a successful previous partner or parent application.

Many thanks.

sarz
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help - FLRM extension after 2.5 years English tes

Post by sarz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 am

Dears,

i have been posting my question for the two months, nobody from boards has come and answer my query, please come forwards and help my confusions.

i know you are doing a great job and helping people that's way i have joined this forum.

many thanks.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:17 pm

My wife renewed her visa last week, she had done the B1 test from Trinity college and it was accepted. The case worker also said that the same test can be used for the ILR in 2.5 years time if the requirements do not change!

It makes sense to do the B1 exam rather than the A2 as it will cover both the extension and the ILR application (as long as the requirement do not change!)

sarz
Newly Registered

Post by sarz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi TangoMike,

Thank you for your response.

Please advise, did your wife submitted the same qualification (B1) to obtained her first time FLRM visa and she submitted again for Flrm extension. As i have done B1 from Trinity and submitted in my first Flrm visa October 2014.

also was your wife post or used window service.

Many thanks.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Sarz,

This was her first FLR(M) extension as she had done A1 test for the initial spouse visa. You will be fine as your B1 had been accepted previously and it still meets the requirements of UKBA.

We used the premium service and that is the reason i was able to ask the case worker about the english test.

Good luck with your application.

sarz
Newly Registered

Post by sarz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi TangoMike,

Thanks for your advise.

i am confused about 2 years test validity as i have done in 2014 2.5years ago, so my certificate is older then 2 years. will there be a problem.

Many thanks.

lyndanica
Newly Registered

Post by lyndanica » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Most English language tests expire after 2 years. You'll have to retake it. We submitted a B1 test when A2 was required and that was accepted. If the certificate is a higher level than requested that is fine but it has to be valid. It has to be a "SELT" and it must be valid i.e. anything from 2014 is out of date. The number of certified centres has been reduced radically.

Please check the guidance about the English language test - coming from a majority-English-speaking country and having a degree that was taught in English are alternatives but do check the details of the guidance.

lyndanica
Newly Registered

Post by lyndanica » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:00 pm

sarz wrote:Hi TangoMike,

Thanks for your advise.

i am confused about 2 years test validity as i have done in 2014 2.5years ago, so my certificate is older then 2 years. will there be a problem.

Many thanks.

Does the certificate have an expiry date? Does it come from one of the recognised SELT centres? Our English language certificate from 2014 had an expiry date. Our current B1 certificate is from a Secure English Language Test centre.

sarz
Newly Registered

Post by sarz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:51 am

Hi TangoMike,

Certificate does not have nay expiry date on it, i have done from Trinity collage Secure English Language Test centre.

Many thanks.

sarz
Newly Registered

Post by sarz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:53 am

any advise or suggestion from Immigration board members.

i have asking for advise almost 2 months now, but not yet nobody responded.

thanks.

john_121
Newly Registered

Post by john_121 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 pm

sarz wrote:any advise or suggestion from Immigration board members.

i have asking for advise almost 2 months now, but not yet nobody responded.

thanks.
I am in the exact same boat. The certificate is now more than 2 years old. It's not clear whether or not it is acceptable. Please update here if you find anything useful.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:32 pm

The expired certificate will only be accepted if: "at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State"

In other words, it must be on the current UKVI list of approved tests/test providers.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sarz
Newly Registered

Post by sarz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Thanks Casa for your advise.

The test (B1 Esol Grade 5 examination Speaking and in spoken English from Trinity College) i have done in October 2014 before applying for first FLRM application which was successfully accepted still in Home office list.

so, can i reuse my old B1 test certificate.

do i need to give them any additional note.

Many thanks.

prosi
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Re: Urgent help - FLRM extension after 2.5 years English test

Post by prosi » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 pm

sarz wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:07 pm
Dear Sir/Madam
I have been granted FLR (m) on September 2015. I sat an English language test on October 2014 and I have passed B1 Esol Grade 5 (Speaking and Listening) entry level 3 from Trinity College (before 6 April 2015) with a Home Office approved provider and which was accepted as successful application.

My visa extension is due on September 2017, Home Office has now required A2 SELT – GESE Grade 3 qualification for visa extension after completing 2.5 years.

My question is that, can I submit my same qualification B1 Esol Grade 5 in order to obtain visa extension as this is higher than A2 SELT – GESE, this is also stated in FLR (m) form that you may still be able to use your test with this application but only if it is at or above the appropriate level and was accepted as part of a successful previous partner or parent application.

Many thanks.
Hi Sarz,
How's the flr extension visa result?
Was it OK using the previous B1 test?

cm2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cm2018 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi Guys .
I like to say i'm also struggling with the same issue as I have done B1 2.5 years ago and I don't know if i need to do a lower grade A2 exam.has anyone gone with the Original B1 for the extention and been successful or otherwise ..Please anyone with some knowledge if you can kindly share your experience ill be very grateful..

Thanking youu in advance
CM2018
prosi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 pm
sarz wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks.
Hi Sarz,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:55 pm

cm2018 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 pm
Hi Guys .
I like to say i'm also struggling with the same issue as I have done B1 2.5 years ago and I don't know if i need to do a lower grade A2 exam.has anyone gone with the Original B1 for the extention and been successful or otherwise ..Please anyone with some knowledge if you can kindly share your experience ill be very grateful..

Thanking youu in advance
CM2018
prosi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:54 pm
sarz wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks.
Hi Sarz,
What type of this B1 test. Does it say ielts life skills/ielts for ukvi? Any reference number for ukvi on it?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cm2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cm2018 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 am

Hi it's IELTS LIFE SKILLS. ..AND IT HAS A REF for verification issued on July 2015 and no expiry. .

Thank you very much

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:48 pm

cm2018 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 am
Hi it's IELTS LIFE SKILLS. ..AND IT HAS A REF for verification issued on July 2015 and no expiry. .

Thank you very much
Does it specifically showing ukvi number?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cm2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cm2018 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi. .sorry for the late reply. .due to illness. .yes it has a valid UKVI number

Thaking you
Menick