ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job creation confusing point

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luqmanzaheer

job creation confusing point

Post by luqmanzaheer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Dear Zimba I need your feedback on this particular point. I am going for my ILR next month as I was entered in this category in 2012 is there any need to employ 2 part time workers for full 12 months to make up full time job or am I able to employ 2 part time workers 6 months in first year and 6 months in 2nd year? as in guidance says

"the hours of workers in 2 part-time jobs can be combined to add up to 30 hours a
week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time job, as long as the 2 part-time
jobs exist for 12 months."
"172. A single job need not consist of 12 consecutive months (for example it could exist for 6
months in one year and 6 months the following year) providing it is the same job
(different jobs that have existed for less than 12 months cannot be combined together
to make up a 12 month period
), and the jobs need not exist at the date of application,
provided they have existed for 12 months. "

2nd question : is there any need that jobs must be same for combination purpose or jobs dont need to be same and dont need to be 2 part time jobs for 12 months as pre 2014 rules apply in my case i need your thoughts?

kind regard

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: job creation confusing point

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 pm

luqmanzaheer wrote:Dear Zimba I need your feedback on this particular point. I am going for my ILR next month as I was entered in this category in 2012 is there any need to employ 2 part time workers for full 12 months to make up full time job or am I able to employ 2 part time workers 6 months in first year and 6 months in 2nd year? as in guidance says

"the hours of workers in 2 part-time jobs can be combined to add up to 30 hours a
week or more and form the equivalent of one full-time job, as long as the 2 part-time
jobs exist for 12 months."
"172. A single job need not consist of 12 consecutive months (for example it could exist for 6
months in one year and 6 months the following year) providing it is the same job
(different jobs that have existed for less than 12 months cannot be combined together
to make up a 12 month period
), and the jobs need not exist at the date of application,
provided they have existed for 12 months. "

2nd question : is there any need that jobs must be same for combination purpose or jobs dont need to be same and dont need to be 2 part time jobs for 12 months as pre 2014 rules apply in my case i need your thoughts?

kind regard
There is no doubt that the transitional arrangements (pre-2014) apply to you - that is decided based on when you entered the route.

While the guidelines are not very explicit what the transitional arrangements mean (they only give three examples), it seems to have been accepted that all you need is 104 weeks of FT equivalent.

Based on that, "2 part time workers 6 months in first year and 6 months in 2nd year" is ok.
To your 2nd question - same thing, it can be any combination
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.