ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work history during university

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allegheny722
Newly Registered

Work history during university

Post by allegheny722 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:31 pm

People of knowledge,
I am applying for UK naturalization and in the AN form it asks for the employment history since entering UK. I came into the UK as a student from South Asia and worked part time from 2006 to 2009. However during 2008 I did have 2 jobs but altogether I worked 20 hours a week in between those two jobs. Will this be an issue when I list them? I'm in two minds if I should remove one of the jobs altogether to avoid confusion.

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Work history during university

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:44 pm

It would be pointless to remove one as HMRC share information with the Home Office. Withholding or giving false information has a high risk of the BC application being refused
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Work history during university

Post by makky86 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:39 pm

allegheny722 wrote:People of knowledge,
I am applying for UK naturalization and in the AN form it asks for the employment history since entering UK. I came into the UK as a student from South Asia and worked part time from 2006 to 2009. However during 2008 I did have 2 jobs but altogether I worked 20 hours a week in between those two jobs. Will this be an issue when I list them? I'm in two minds if I should remove one of the jobs altogether to avoid confusion.

Thanks!
You don't have to worry. Student Visa permit you to work upto 20 hours per week but it does not limit the number of employers.
One of my friends was doing three jobs as a student all unders 20 hours per week or less. He got his british passport in less than 4 months after applying
II Youths a stuff neve endures II