ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Process Engineers

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waa15
Newly Registered

HSMP Process Engineers

Post by waa15 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi,
I am writing to find out if anybody has successfully secured a process engineering job as an HSMP Visa holder in the UK. I have been sending my applications to firms/agents for the past 3 months but got only 2 interviews.

The firms/agents seem to discriminate if your cert. is not from the UK. I got mine from Poland and Spain and still experience discrimination. Its frustrating!

Has anybody secured a position? How does one go about it?

Regards,

waa

Markie

Re: HSMP Process Engineers

Post by Markie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm

be patient. The job recruitment process in the UK is very long. I had several face to face interviews with potential companies including one with an online IQ and behavioural test!

I got my job after three months of internal red tape but its worth it.

keep sending those letters to head hunters and known MNCs.

waa15 wrote:Hi,
I am writing to find out if anybody has successfully secured a process engineering job as an HSMP Visa holder in the UK. I have been sending my applications to firms/agents for the past 3 months but got only 2 interviews.

The firms/agents seem to discriminate if your cert. is not from the UK. I got mine from Poland and Spain and still experience discrimination. Its frustrating!

Has anybody secured a position? How does one go about it?

Regards,

waa

chiru1973
Newly Registered

Post by chiru1973 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi Forum,

Process engineering in manufactuirng domain or in Chemical industries?Myself also Process Engineer but in manufacturing domain & dealing mainly with IE & LEAN mfg.

I intend to apply for HSMP but not sure whta;s the prospect of job in the UK.

Please share if any body having any exp with similar background...