ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Residence Card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rafikir
Newly Registered

Help with Residence Card application

Post by rafikir » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Good afternoon everyone and thank you for contributing as it provides very important information for clueless people like me.

I'm an EEA citizen (in the UK for almost 3 years) and I've applied for residence card for my wife (South Korean). She's already in the UK under Family Permit, which is due to expire in August. She couldn't come when the 6 months started and so, she arrived in June.

Application sent: 28/06/2017
Application received : 29/06/2017
Payment taken: 30/06/2017

We haven't received anything since we've applied.

Can someone help me with the following questions:
- I can see the post for Permanent Card processing times but I couldn't find anything for Residence Card, are the times similar?
- Is it ok to request the passports back to be able to leave the country on holidays?
- Since her family permit is expiring, will this have any impact on her returning to the UK after holidays or even with the application process?

Thanks