ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

formT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

migle222
Newly Registered

formT

Post by migle222 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi,
IM EEA national from Lithuania my child was born in uk in 2004. She is 13 years now. I didn't apply for permanent residency as yet, but wondering can we use form T to apply for british nationality for her or better to use MN1? Just providing a document with her name all we have letter from the child tax credits and child benefits we have till she started a school. would it be enough? thanks

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Re: formT

Post by Tea_Rocket » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Provided your daughter satisfies the good character requirements (given that she's only 13, it would be surprising if she did not) and has not spent more than 90 days out of the UK in any of the first 10 years of her life, then I would use Form T, since it doesn't require proof of your residence status. The documents you need to provide are listed on page 16 of Guide T (you should read the whole thing, as it will probably answer most of your questions). I think the evidence of the child tax credits and benefits you received until she started school are probably good things to send along, but they might not be sufficient. See if you can get letters from the GP she was registered with at the time, and any nurseries she attended.