ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2G ILR - unpaid leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansoorash

Tier 2G ILR - unpaid leave

Post by mansoorash » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 am

Guys,

I am dire need of advice. I took an unpaid leave for one day during last month. I will be eligible to apply for ILR next month. Do I need to mention it somewhere on the application form that I had taken a day off that wasn't paid for?

The absence letter that's required is only for the absences outside the UK so I am assuming this unpaid leave will not be mentioned there.

Many thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2G ILR - unpaid leave

Post by makky86 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:35 am

mansoorash wrote:Guys,

I am dire need of advice. I took an unpaid leave for one day during last month. I will be eligible to apply for ILR next month. Do I need to mention it somewhere on the application form that I had taken a day off that wasn't paid for?

The absence letter that's required is only for the absences outside the UK so I am assuming this unpaid leave will not be mentioned there.

Many thanks.
One day unpaid leave don't count. If I know you can take up to 1 month unpaid leave in a year.

Yes, the absense letter will be required only if you travel outside of the UK.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Thank you, Makky.

Do you think I should include a letter from the employer stating along the lines that the leave was unpaid but approved. Only because I will be including the payslips and the bank statements for the prior three months and one payslip will show a reduced net figure.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

mansoorash wrote:Thank you, Makky.

Do you think I should include a letter from the employer stating along the lines that the leave was unpaid but approved. Only because I will be including the payslips and the bank statements for the prior three months and one payslip will show a reduced net figure.
As I mentioned you can take upto 28 days unpaid absense.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -employers

Page Number 114
26.25 You must not continue to sponsor a migrant who is absent from work without pay for 4 weeks or more in total, other than for the reasons listed above. You must report this using your SMS account. This applies whether the migrant is absent from work over a single period or more than one period during any calendar year (1 January to 31 December). The 4 weeks is worked out according to the migrant’s normal working pattern.
An example of this is if the migrant works 3 days per week (3 days x 4 weeks), it would be 12 working days.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:28 am

I have a similar query.

I worked for my previous employer for about 4.5 months, but have taken 3 weeks of unpaid leave. Will this impact anyway? Will this be pro-rated at all?

or is it one employer - up to 28 days - one calendar year, irrespective of how long we worked with them?