ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum Seekers families get right to stay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

Asylum Seekers families get right to stay

Post by elevendi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:51 am

i've 4 asylum families around where i live and they have been all given the ILR , i am wondering if someone has some more info about this HO process

i was asylum myself ,i and those families came around same time, my claim for asylum was turned down just like those families, met my partner around 2004 (she is from EU) and got kid still leaving together

is there any ways for my situation to be taken on consideration just like those 4 families??? please could someone help me to figure out which way i have to take to settle my situation!

>>> this is where i am now!

--i am really confused
--no solicitor
--applied for CoA last july 07 ( still under further consideration)
--going to cancel CoA recover my partner passport and and apply for EEA1 as she has 2 years work
--applied for EEA3 in 2005 ( but was put in hold for lack of 12 months my partner employment
--do i need a solicitor???
--where i can get some [good] advice??? getting tired from getting different views whatever i try different local immigration advise

could someone chill me out with some nice advice because i am really felling down with all this immigration things

thanks

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:53 pm

When did you arrive, nationality etc? You would most probably qualify under Legacy or Case Resolution Exercise under which abovementioned Asylum famiities received ILR. They are dealing with the entire backlog as per the priority of the case i.e. whether they are on support, easy to remove etc (you will find other posts on this board outlining HO priorities).

You can get your MP involved and he can ask the home office whether you qualify under legacy/CRP and they will probably confirm that you do but they are unable to advise when the legacy questionnaires will be sent to you or your case will be decided.

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Just make sure the BIA got your current address. They will contact you.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 pm

thanks kg1983 and paulsmith for your replies, i really appreciate it

to answer to some of your questions

--i am algerian
--arrived in uk end 2000
--applied for aslyum in january 2001
--my application turned down in february 2003
--i have stop reporting to local immigration center just after feb 2003
--never been under NASS support since

@ paulsmith
--how can i be sure home office has my address
--i have my passport and ARC card within home office right now, as i have applied for CoA
--i had an attempt to apply for EEA3 in 2005 i guess BIA has my contact since then
--is this enough to say that BIA got my address or do i need to contact the immigration center where i used to report before 2003

--those 4 families are all algerians

Paulsmith

Post by Paulsmith » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:19 pm

The families must be with children under 18 years old. However, you are not a priority so it can take time until the HO resolves your case.

Well, update the HO with your current address. You could call them and ask them what address they got on their records.

You have travel documents (Algerian passport) so the HO might find it easy to remove you.

You also have a poor immigration history. You are an absconder as you have not reported to immigration officials at certain times when you were required to do so.

Update the HO with your address and then just wait until they contact you. It might can take 1-3 years until you get contacted.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:57 pm

thanks paulsmith for your quick reply
--actually i am with 3 kids, 8,6,2 yrs old
--yes i guess i have very poor immigration history, but going through immigration process is such a huge stressful experience, when they cut the support then your solicitor ends it! you're left on your own! i bet no one want to have detention experience, in some cases some opted for suicide! hard to not fall and violate immigration rules, unfortenately i didn't see it that way at that time! those who came here first time with their kids they haven't been subjected to the same thing of course some of them have been put in detentions, some not! ...or if i might say most of them not! (talking mostly about algerian families)

i've googled for the reporting center contact, i got the number now, i am going to call tomorrow and see what happens! i know there's a chance i get called in get packed and sent to the detention center! let's hope not!

by the way, in case i get deported!( as my case is an open one) i just wanna say you have such a sophisticated country with superb people! i know i won't be lucky again and get a chance to live among a such advanced civilisation! :lol: ...who said you need to travel at the speed of light so you can go back in time! just a little trip to algeria and you're there!

thanks.