ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year long term family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1munda
Newly Registered

5 year long term family visitor visa

Post by tier1munda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm

To all gurus: I am sure you can help :)

My family (mother, father, brother, his wife and their son/my nephew) had applied for long term UK visitor visa for 5 years. Everyone except my nephew have received a 5 year visitor visa however my nephew has received only a 6 months visa.

There is no explanation provided and a 5 year fee was taken. It kind of defeats the objective of a long term visa for my brother and his wife as they would have to apply again after 6 months for my nephew ( who is 6 years old) with all their documents if they need to visit me again.

All of the above family members have visited me on multiple occasions before and they never stayed beyond 3 weeks at most as they all have commitments and strong ties to India. Can you advise me on the next course of action we can take?

Thanks in advance,
tier1munda

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 year long term family visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:34 pm

When does the child's passport expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1munda
Newly Registered

Post by tier1munda » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 am

Hi cr001

Thanks for looking into this. His passport has just been renewed and expires in april 2022. Also my dad passport expires in 2021 however he got 5 years.

Not sure what is the next step we should take now.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:03 pm

tier1munda wrote:
Not sure what is the next step we should take now.
Accept it or reapply.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 pm

Heard plenty of cases where case workers are careless with visit visas.
I too had a bad experience when my parents visa start date was granted much earlier than the intended travel date mentioned on the application.
You can email - complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.