ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing banks in middle of visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RealGoldEnergyDrink
Newly Registered

How long are applications from within the UK taking?

Post by RealGoldEnergyDrink » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:42 pm

A general question - we've applied to switch my partner's visa to an unmarried partner visa using FLR-M as a postal application. Has anyone else been in the same circumstance, and if so, how long has it taken them? I looked on the timelines thread but it's not clear who's applied via post and who hasn't...

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: How long are applications from within the UK taking?

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

I've just checked the timeline thread and most members appear to be stating whether postal or PSC.

You can assume that the majority of timelines will be postal applications as PSC applications are generally decided on the day of the appointment. :idea:

Have you submitted strong documented evidence proving an unmarried partnership of at least 2 years living together 'akin to marriage'?
What visa category is your partner switching from?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

RealGoldEnergyDrink
Newly Registered

Re: How long are applications from within the UK taking?

Post by RealGoldEnergyDrink » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:31 am

Hi,

We have submitted basically everything we have - council tax bills from last two years+ showing residence together for over the last two years, bank statements showing joint accounts, everything at the same address, evidence of meeting financial requirements etc... so hopefully should be straightforward.

She's switching from a Tier 4 student visa.

RealGoldEnergyDrink
Newly Registered

Changing banks in middle of visa application

Post by RealGoldEnergyDrink » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi,

I have (as per other posts) got a visa application going through for my partner to remain here, and I have supplied my bank statements (and payslips, etc) as evidence of my meeting the financial requirement. However I am rather sick of my current bank and want to switch. Does anyone know if it will cause issues if I were to switch banks and close the account the evidence was from before the visa application has completed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing banks in middle of visa application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm

RealGoldEnergyDrink wrote:Hi,

I have (as per other posts) got a visa application going through for my partner to remain here, and I have supplied my bank statements (and payslips, etc) as evidence of my meeting the financial requirement. However I am rather sick of my current bank and want to switch. Does anyone know if it will cause issues if I were to switch banks and close the account the evidence was from before the visa application has completed?
I would suggest wait till your partner has their visa. HO can and often do contact banks to verify things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.