ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rk9isop
Newly Registered

FLR FP help please

Post by rk9isop » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

I am Indian national
Husband is British and son is British - both by birth
Married for 15 years and son is 13

Want to apply FLR FP based on child, as husband has not been supportive and would not give me money to make application.

Question 1: Am I likely to get fee waiver, as I have no money at all. No benefits, and living with family now. Husband not willing to support and has gone abroad.

Question 2: For the FLR FP process, what proof and evidence do I need to show?

Question 3: The 5 yr or 10 yr route - do I have to apply for 2.5yr at a time to get to 10yr route or do I already qualify as we have been married for 15 yrs?

I would appreciate any help and guidance please. I cannot afford solicitor, so will be doing this myself.
Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR FP help please

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:32 pm

You can only qualify under the 10 years parent route, as you are not working, or have and independent source of income.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors