ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Employer and Impact on PR Status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pumpkinlu

Foreign Employer and Impact on PR Status?

Post by pumpkinlu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Dear all,

I hope you can help me or perhaps someone has been in a similar situation before.

My partner, an EEA citizen, is currently living and working in the UK (not long enough to apply for PR yet, but slowly getting there). He has however been offered a new position with a foreign employer (government) where he would be effectively employed in another EU MS, but continue to work and live in the UK. His contract will be governed by the other EU MS law and he will be paid part of his salary in a foreign account in a foreign currency and then a bigger part of it in pounds into his UK account, but as far as I understand, taxes will be paid in the other EU MS.

Now I am wondering how this would impact on his status and whether this could be an issue when it comes to PR? Could he perhaps apply under the self-sufficiency route rather than a worker? If so, what would he need to prove?

Any guidance or experience on such a situation would be much appreciated as we are a bit concerned about his status going forward and the impact on his UK residency. We rent a house in the UK, pay council tax, have bank accounts here, etc. and he will be able to show proofs of these, but would his employment status be an issue?

Many thanks.

L.