ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR On Entrepreneur Tier 1 completing 5 Years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gujjar786
Newly Registered

ILR On Entrepreneur Tier 1 completing 5 Years

Post by Gujjar786 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
i'm new here please help me out about some questions.
i got my Entrepreneur Tier 1 visa 26th September 2012 and sent for extension with 2 dependents dated 24th September 2015, approved extension with 2 dependents dated 24th January 2017 till 23th January 2019. My 10 years will be complete 30th September 2017. Can i use Entrepreneur Tier 1 5 years route 26th September 2017 with my dependent (wife) for ILR Premium Service (same day appointment ) ?
If i use 10 years route 30th September 2017 for ILR my dependent will go next 5 years route for her ILR.
I'm confused which way is better.
i really appreciate guru's and experts response.
Thanks,

Regards,
Gujjar

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR On Entrepreneur Tier 1 completing 5 Years

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Please ask your ILR question on the correct sub-forum :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:04 pm

You can apply for ILR under PBS route at the end of August.
Stick to PBS route for your ILR instead of the long residence so that your dependant can get ILR too (assuming she has been in the UK for 5 years on PBS dependant visa)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Gujjar786
Newly Registered

Post by Gujjar786 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:09 pm

zimba88 wrote:You can apply for ILR under PBS route at the end of August.
Stick to PBS route for your ILR instead of the long residence so that your dependant can get ILR too (assuming she has been in the UK for 5 years on PBS dependant visa)
Thanks Zimba for your quick response.
she is in UK last 4 years 3 months on PBS dependent visa. is she eligible for ILR or something else?

Gujjar786
Newly Registered

Post by Gujjar786 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks Zimba for your quick response.
she is in UK last 4 Years 3 Months on PBS Dependent Visa. is she eligible for ILR or something else?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Gujjar786 wrote:Thanks Zimba for your quick response.
she is in UK last 4 Years 3 Months on PBS Dependent Visa. is she eligible for ILR or something else?
She is eligible for ILR under the PBS dependent route in 9 months ie. once she completes 5 years. (somewhere in March/April next year ?)

You are eligible for ILR on PBS route from Aug/Sept 17, provided you have created two new jobs between Jan and the time of your application.

Would be best for both to apply for ILR at the same time next year, as Zimba suggested.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 pm

marcnath wrote:
Gujjar786 wrote:Thanks Zimba for your quick response.
She is eligible for ILR under the PBS dependent route in 9 months ie. once she completes 5 years. (somewhere in March/April next year ?)

You are eligible for ILR on PBS route from Aug/Sept 17, provided you have created two new jobs between Jan and the time of your application.

Would be best for both to apply for ILR at the same time next year, as Zimba suggested.
@marcnath, just to be clear, by 26th Sept 2017 he would've been on the T1 Ent route for a continous period of 5 yrs, though the Ext was granted in Jan 2017, so the job creation for his ILR must be from Jan 2017 till the expected time he's planning on applying for the ILR i.e Sept 2017? (that leaves maximum of 8 months only)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
@marcnath, just to be clear, by 26th Sept 2017 he would've been on the T1 Ent route for a continous period of 5 yrs, though the Ext was granted in Jan 2017, so the job creation for his ILR must be from Jan 2017 till the expected time he's planning on applying for the ILR i.e Sept 2017? (that leaves maximum of 8 months only)
He qualifies for one of the criteria for ILR (5 year stay) in Sept 2017. But he needs to qualify on all other criteria too.
By the way, it is not maximum 8 months, it is MINIMUM 8 months. He can apply at any date starting from Sep 17 until Jan 2019.

Since he is in pre 2014 transitional arrangements, it is possible. 4 people of 6 months each makes it possible. Post 2014, that option would not be available.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.