ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wallyboy83
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by Wallyboy83 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello I'm about to apply for my Naturalisation and i meet the residence requirements for the 3 & 5 Years , My wife is British Citizen but she misplaced her Passport will her Birth Certificate br enough to prove that shes British, my other Question is , when i was applying for my indefinite leave to remain i passed like in the UK test and had already passed english test when i was applying for my spouses visa its Key English Test From Cambridge University will that be fine for the application or no?
Thanks in advance...

Muira
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by Muira » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:32 pm

In reference to your question about whether your wife's birth certificate will be sufficient evidence of her status, it depends on when she was born. If she was born in the UK before 1 January 1983, then yes it is enough. If she was born in the UK after that date, then no, sending her birth certificate is not enough.

Wallyboy83
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by Wallyboy83 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Yeah she was born in the UK in 1982.