ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost UK Residence permit in Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sach234
Newly Registered

Lost UK Residence permit in Spain

Post by sach234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi,

I lost my UK residence permit while travelling in Spain. I have registered a police complaint and applied for a replacement Single Entry visa which will allow me to travel back to UK. This application was done on 5th July using premium processing service but I have still not got back my passport.

Currently my passport is with the UK Visa and Immgiration. My Schengen visa allowed a maximum of 30 days which I will complete on 28th July. I am worried that I might not get back my passport in time before the 30 days are up. Can anyone tell what I will need to do if I am not able to leave the Schengen area in 30 days?

I am an Indian Citizen and my Schengen visa was issue by Belgian embassy in London.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Lost UK Residence permit in Spain

Post by gokulatti » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Please don't panic, The embassy sees many similar cases like this, I have had some friends who got everything stolen including passport, RP, money, watches! everything. First thing which you have already done is to get the police compliant. Now I suggest you call up the embassy of the schengen state which issued you the visa and explain them very precisely your predicament and mentioning you have the police complaint and have also applied for entry visa with UK, who have your passport. They will definitely guide you what you have to do. It would be nice if you happen to have a copy of your visa and a copy of the receipt stating you applied for the visa to UK.

sach234
Newly Registered

Post by sach234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have a copy of the receipt which states that I have applied for UK visa and that they have my passport. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the schengen visa.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:52 pm

That is fine. call them up and do update us here.

sach234
Newly Registered

Post by sach234 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:37 pm

I tried the contact number of Belgian Consulate in Barcelona, but they had options only for Spanish, French and Dutch so couldn't get much info. I will try to visit the consulate on monday and update when I get some info.

sach234
Newly Registered

Post by sach234 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,
I spoke to Belgian Embassy but they said once you enter Schengen you must contact the immigration Police of that country.

I went to the police but they said without your passport we cannot extend visa/stay and my passport still hasn't been returned by the UKVI :( :( :(

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Police cannot extend your visa. Only Immigration can extend. Why you went to police?

sach234
Newly Registered

Post by sach234 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 pm

I went to the Policia Nacional which is controls immigration in Spain