ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER2 new visa police registration - help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mammadj
Newly Registered

TIER2 new visa police registration - help needed

Post by mammadj » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already been asked. I would really appreciate, if you helped me.

I am a non-EU citizen, working currently in the UK with Tier2 visa.

I came to UK in 2011 with TIER4 visa and continuously registered with the police during my bachelors (2011-2014).
I started immediately my masters in 2014 and registered with police for my new TIER4 visa and after any changes (2014-2015)
After my masters, I started to do an internship in the UK with TIER5 visa. During my one year stay in the UK, I registered with Police (2016 Jan -2017 Jan ). So until 2017 Jan, I have always followed the rules and never had any issue.

In 2017 Jan, I applied TIER2 visa, which was sponsored by my current company, where I was already doing internship. I applied TIER2 visa in my home country and I arrived in the UK in Feb 2017. This is the only time that I did a mistake and did not register with the police. I did not change my UK address when I arrived with new TIER2 visa, so the address was the same.

It is now July 2017 and yesterday I changed my address and only then I remembered that I did a huge mistake and forgot register my TIER2 visa with the police at all.

So my situation is:
1) Arrived in the UK with new TIER2 visa in Feb 2017, but did not report this to police until now (July 2017).
2) I changed my address yesterday
3) I lost Home Office letter which shows my police registration requirement (you get this, when you are granted a new visa). And this letter is asked by the police and I do not have it anymore...Is there any way that I can get this letter or complete registration without this ?

Can you please advise me what will likely happen when I go to Police office to register? I am very concerned about this, because some people say they will give you a warning (probably some money charge too upto £5K) and make a note that you did a mistake, and when you apply new visa (e.g. changing job) you will have a higher chances to get rejected.

Please advise.

mmicky5050

Re: TIER2 new visa police registration - help needed

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm

omg, I am new to this Tier 2. The last time I visited UK in 2005 as student no registration was required. When did this police registration start? Sounds like a gulag. Unbelievable breach of human rights.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm

mmicky5050 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm
When did this police registration start? Sounds like a gulag. Unbelievable breach of human rights.
It started in the mid-19th century for all non-UK nationals living in the UK. Nowadays it only affects "relevant foreign nationals" from specific countries who come to live, work or study in the UK for 6 months or more. See

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... the-police

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... gistration
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi there,

Don't know if this helps but one of my friends also had the same a while ago, he went to police which is on Borrough high street and they completed all the police form and no warning was issues - they only advised him to be accurate next time and report everything on time. I recommend you go there and report your new visa because if you don't then your visa might be refused next time as this is a requirement.

When I was extending my visa using priority service the first thing they asked was my police certificate and they did check it.