ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport copy question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usmanj
United Kingdom

British passport copy question

Post by usmanj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Quick question regarding passport copies. I've read multiple different answers on this website and wanted some clarification.

I hold a British passport so when submitting documents for a spouse visa, should I submit passport copy of EVERY PAGE? or just pages with stamps and bio-data page?

Also, do copies need to be certified?

Thanks for any input.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: British passport copy question

Post by walker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:25 pm

usmanj wrote:Quick question regarding passport copies. I've read multiple different answers on this website and wanted some clarification.

I hold a British passport so when submitting documents for a spouse visa, should I submit passport copy of EVERY PAGE? or just pages with stamps and bio-data page?

Also, do copies need to be certified?

Thanks for any input.
I would recommend sending a certified copy of the full passport.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:51 pm

walker wrote:
I'm actually considering sending the original in that case. Fees for getting a full passport certified will be ridiculous. :shock:

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 pm

usmanj wrote:
walker wrote:
I'm actually considering sending the original in that case. Fees for getting a full passport certified will be ridiculous. :shock:
Photocopy all the pages of your passport including the cover and go to a local solicitor and ask them to certify that the photocopies are true copies of the original - this should not cost you more than £5-£10.

Solicitor should stamp the each photocopied page with words such as ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ and sign, date, print his/her name, state occupation and, probably, add the firm's stamp.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:56 pm

walker wrote:
Photocopy all the pages of your passport including the cover and go to a local solicitor and ask them to certify that the photocopies are true copies of the original - this should not cost you more than £5-£10.

Solicitor should stamp the each photocopied page with words such as ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ and sign, date, print his/her name, state occupation and, probably, add the firm's stamp.
Oh, I was expecting it to cost a lot more than that. I thought they charge roughly £5 per signature. I will try tomorrow and post back to let you know how I get on.

usmanj
United Kingdom

Post by usmanj » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

Cost to certify entire passport - £42.50.

£5 for first page and £2.50 for every page after (16 pages).

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:18 pm

I submitted just the bio page of my passport.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.