ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British by Descent, MS in London, eventually securing a job

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maheen Siddiqui
Newly Registered

British by Descent, MS in London, eventually securing a job

Post by Maheen Siddiqui » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:32 am

Hi, I'm 22, not a UK citizen but will be getting my first adult UK passport through my father. Completed bachelors in Marketing last year with 3.2 CGPA, have only a 2-year work experience, gave IELTS and didn't get impressive bands (L=6, W=6.5, R=6, S =7.5). Ideally, I'd be applying for an MS degree in Marketing there in London seeing that it only takes a year as compared to two.

One of my major concerns now is that how challenging it may be to find and secure a job after I finish a year of MS program in the U.K. with possibly a UK passport? It's more of if I could potentially make this degree useful in the UK. Surely, at this point, I definitely don't want to go back to Pakistan (at least for a few years). Frankly speaking, I'm completely clueless on what to expect.

I'm fully aware that I won't be considered a national by a university and would be paying an international fee. Is there a possibility of getting into a good university or should I not have my hopes up? Thanks in advance people

Edit: I currently have a 2year work experience in the Digital Marketing field. Sorry, I forgot to mention that before. Have been searching for universities and find Brunel University is ideally suited to my interests. Should I apply through a consultant or go on my own?

Zulqarnain

Re: British by Descent, MS in London, eventually securing a

Post by Zulqarnain » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am

If you have good money, you can get an admission for MS programs in UK and once confirmation of admission letter is issued, you will have to demonstrate you have sufficient funds for your living expenses in UK.

Job can never be guaranteed. However, with your degree, if you also learn about British culture, improve your language, aware yourself with industry demands and most importantly believe in yourself in securing a job. Despite of early refusals, you should continue making applications and stay passionate. Start learning about industry, application methods and recruitment stages soon you arrive in UK. You will have to do this while you are in your degree. Do not leave it for the last days, it will be hard knowing the global competition you have in UK.