ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying Tier 2 5 year Set O to 10 year ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avi

Varying Tier 2 5 year Set O to 10 year ILR

Post by avi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Dear Gurus and friends,

I was hoping i could get some guidance with my case.

I applied for same day tier 2 -5 year ILR in March 2017. Application was deferred saying its valid and further checks needs to be conducted.

This 22nd September i will completing 10 years even though my tier 2 visa has expired in June this year. i still haven't heard from home office. I was hoping to vary my application to 10 years. so my questions are as follows-

1- Do i need to pay the entire fees again or just the difference in fees?

2. Whats the best way to apply to get a quicker response. Postal or same day in Sheffield? As i am hoping my documents are there from my previous application.

3. I don't remember all my entry exit from UK for the last 10 years, as my passport is still with homeoffice along with all my other documents. Shall i just mention that in a covering letter. i haven't been out more than 180 days in any of the years.

4. What other documents do i need?

5. Back in 2009 my PSW application got rejected but i won it after applying for judicial review. While that application was getting decided, my visa had expired as i was still waiting to hear from home office. does that break my continuity?

Many thanks for your help and look forward to hear from you'll.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Varying Tier 2 5 year Set O to 10 year ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:44 pm

1- Do i need to pay the entire fees again or just the difference in fees?
Full fees
2. Whats the best way to apply to get a quicker response. Postal or same day in Sheffield? As i am hoping my documents are there from my previous application.
You will not get a same day response. A SET(LR) application will not change the fact that the Tier 2 related checks will still be done
3. I don't remember all my entry exit from UK for the last 10 years, as my passport is still with homeoffice along with all my other documents. Shall i just mention that in a covering letter. i haven't been out more than 180 days in any of the years.
You should write as much as you remember
4. What other documents do i need?
No other documents
5. Back in 2009 my PSW application got rejected but i won it after applying for judicial review. While that application was getting decided, my visa had expired as i was still waiting to hear from home office. does that break my continuity?
You mean court of appeal ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

avi

Post by avi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi Zimba,

Many thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Would i get a refund of my previous application? and if yes, how do i go about it?

Yes in 2009 my solicitor had gone for judicial review and that took about 3-4 months after my visa expired. In the end i got my PSW in August 2009 because the case worker had refused my application even though i had all the documents. and my visa had expired in June of 2009.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:57 pm

Would i get a refund of my previous application? and if yes, how do i go about it?
HO will automatically return that
Yes in 2009 my solicitor had gone for judicial review and that took about 3-4 months after my visa expired. In the end i got my PSW in August 2009 because the case worker had refused my application even though i had all the documents. and my visa had expired in June of 2009.
Section 3C will protect you during appeal.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice