ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Travel to Europe - Visa issue less than 90 day

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DilishK
Newly Registered

Tourist Travel to Europe - Visa issue less than 90 day

Post by DilishK » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Hello,

I would want to travel to Europe this summer for a short holiday.

I have a ILR in UK, but my wife is still on a dependent visa to be renewed this Nov'17 into ILR, which is less than 90 days from the date of trip. Hence VFS customer service mentioned that we cant apply the visa for Portugal, as this wont fit the 90 day visa validity rule after travel, even though she is my wife and I have ILR.

This sounds ridiculous as we wont be able to go for a holiday because of these rules.

Any suggestions on which other countries in europe I can travel ? Or is there any other country who donot bother about this 90 day rule ?

Pls do let me know...

Dk

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tourist Travel to Europe - Visa issue less than 90 day

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:50 pm

As far as I know, most countries where you have to apply for a visa have this rule, for some the validity requirement might even be longer. You could try going to a country where you could get a visa on arrival, for example, Turkey has visa on-arrival for Indians who reside in the UK. Though you may still want to check beforehand if they have the same requirement.