ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension CoS has 5 years, visa 3 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srnaik
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General extension CoS has 5 years, visa 3 years

Post by srnaik » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:00 pm

My Company issued me a CoS for my Tier 2 General visa extension for 5years. I have already working on the T2G visa for the same company for the last 3 years. Considering the maximum 6 years to a T2G stay, can I apply for 5 years visa as well for extension? Would this warrant a refusal due to exceeding maximum stay or would a 3 year visa be granted?

If I choose to submit visa application for 3 years, by mentioning Cos is for less than 3 years on my application, would this be refused as the years on the CoS do not match the fees paid for the visa?
The company sponsoring me agreed to add a comment in the CoS to mention that the visa extension is required for 3 years; they have already given 5 years on cos end date and also paid the immigration surcharge for the 5years.

Which would be the ideal option to go ahead with - CoS 5 years and Visa application 3 years or CoS 5 years and Visa application 5 years as well. Can a new CoS with the corrected 3 years duration can be applied against the same employee?

Please note there are 2 dependants also applying along with me for the extension.

Appreciate any expert guidance

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General extension CoS has 5 years, visa 3 years

Post by iworker » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm

if the cos is for 5 years, you will have to pay for 5 years.
It will not warrant a rejection. However, u will get the new leave with 6 years max duration starting from first issue. IHS will only be charged as per the leave given and rest refunded.

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:03 pm

My personal experience is that when you apply online (which I did) and enter the CoS number, it automatically picks up the application duration. You don't get a choice.

Having said that, in my case, the new CoS was taking the total stay well beyond 6 years. However, I got the visa for exactly the time it would take my total stay to 6 years from the first date of my previous visa being issued. As written clearly in the guidance, the visa will be granted either till the job end date mentioned on your CoS or 6 years, whichever is earlier. I would not worry too much about it.

Unfortunately, the IHS will be for each year

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay

Hope this helps.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:05 pm

@srnaik, can you please share the procedure, documents required and any reference link to apply for Tier 2 extension. Appreciate your help in advance. Thanks.