ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE !!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akshar
- thin ice -

VERY URGENT PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE !!!

Post by akshar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Dears I need advice it is very urgent,

I have received my BRP permanent residence, in my BRP card my name is written as AA BB CC (First name, Middle name, Surname) which I don't have middle name so BB should not be mentioned in my BRP card. I have reported the error to the HO as soon I received it, after five working days I received email saying "Thank you for notifying us of a possible error on a Residence Card (Biometric Format) (BRC).
We have investigated this matter and the information shown on the BRC is correct according to Home Office records".
"If you still believe the BRC is incorrect, you should first consult the guidance on our website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration "

On my passport my name shows as AA son of BB CC, whereas in the Middleast countries it is cultural thing.Even on my resicene card 5 years it is shown as AA CC, my first name and surname. Now I am really worried that in my driving licence, university, colleges, bank, certificate and many more my name is AA CC.

Obviously Home office said they can't change as it is what it appears on my passport, but is it going to have impact in the future ??? when applying for BRITISH NATURALISATION?? also should I inform my bank and university and driving license to change my name from AA CC to AA BB CC ???? how imporant is middlename lets say I accept this and it will appear in my BRP and anywhere else my name is written as my first name and surname ???? really need help please

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: VERY URGENT PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE !!!

Post by Richard W » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:39 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Obviously Home office said they can't change as it is what it appears on my passport, but is it going to have impact in the future ??? when applying for BRITISH NATURALISATION?? also should I inform my bank and university and driving license to change my name from AA CC to AA BB CC ???? how imporant is middlename lets say I accept this and it will appear in my BRP and anywhere else my name is written as my first name and surname ???? really need help please
I think it won't be a problem for naturalisation, but if the Passport Office discover what is happening you will be refused a British passport, which will stop you returning to the UK if you go abroad. (It might just be legal for you to row ashore from outside the territorial limits, so long as you avoid an entry port.) If you can't change your name on your foreign passport, you'll have to accept that as your name unless you can persuade the Passport Office that you are legally unable to change that name.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Richard W wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Obviously Home office said they can't change as it is what it appears on my passport, but is it going to have impact in the future ??? when applying for BRITISH NATURALISATION?? also should I inform my bank and university and driving license to change my name from AA CC to AA BB CC ???? how imporant is middlename lets say I accept this and it will appear in my BRP and anywhere else my name is written as my first name and surname ???? really need help please
I think it won't be a problem for naturalisation, but if the Passport Office discover what is happening you will be refused a British passport, which will stop you returning to the UK if you go abroad. (It might just be legal for you to row ashore from outside the territorial limits, so long as you avoid an entry port.) If you can't change your name on your foreign passport, you'll have to accept that as your name unless you can persuade the Passport Office that you are legally unable to change that name.
Thank you for your reply. If I accept that as my name now, should I inform my university, bank, and other where else ? Because they all have my name as my first name And my surname not the middle name which is something I never had and this is given me on the BRP ??

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:25 pm

I recommend that you do so. It will avoid problems, and you will be conforming to the common modern Anglo-Saxon pattern of two forenames and a surname.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Richard W wrote:I recommend that you do so. It will avoid problems, and you will be conforming to the common modern Anglo-Saxon pattern of two forenames and a surname.

Can I keep it in my passport and driving licence, first name middle name and surname and other places I keep it as my first name and surname like for example in bank and bills and etc

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Can I keep it in my passport and driving licence, first name middle name and surname and other places I keep it as my first name and surname like for example in bank and bills and etc
It's probably better not to. Remember, the rule is that you should use the same name for all purposes. At the very least, clarify to the banks and utilities what it has been deemed that your full name is. Now, for most purposes, you may be able to use just forename and surname, though I am normally identified by the initials of my forenames along with my surname. But for anyone who has a right to know your full name, all three names should be provided. All dealings with the government should use the same name, lest you have trouble with the passport office. "A passport is a privilege, not a right", and that is one of the problems with being British. One has no right to a passport, even though one is increasingly necessary.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Richard W wrote:
sahramkhalidi wrote:Can I keep it in my passport and driving licence, first name middle name and surname and other places I keep it as my first name and surname like for example in bank and bills and etc
It's probably better not to. Remember, the rule is that you should use the same name for all purposes. At the very least, clarify to the banks and utilities what it has been deemed that your full name is. Now, for most purposes, you may be able to use just forename and surname, though I am normally identified by the initials of my forenames along with my surname. But for anyone who has a right to know your full name, all three names should be provided. All dealings with the government should use the same name, lest you have trouble with the passport office. "A passport is a privilege, not a right", and that is one of the problems with being British. One has no right to a passport, even though one is increasingly necessary.
I sent a letter to Home office and explained everything all the situation I hope they reply positive and change my BRP back I wonder how long it may take for Home office to reply to letters

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Dear Moderrator/ admin of this page

PLEASE DELETE MY PREVIOUS POSTS I DO NOT WANT THEM TO APPEAR ON THE FORUM. THEY ARE PRIVACY

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:04 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:Dear Moderrator/ admin of this page

PLEASE DELETE MY PREVIOUS POSTS I DO NOT WANT THEM TO APPEAR ON THE FORUM. THEY ARE PRIVACY

Thank you
If you had read the Board Ts&Cs on registering (as all members are required to do), you will have seen that posts are never deleted from the forum. Members should consider this before posting sensitive information which is openly accessible to the public. :idea:
announcements/posts-will-not-be-deleted-t199657.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Casa wrote:

Thank you
If you had read the Board Ts&Cs on registering (as all members are required to do), you will have seen that posts are never deleted from the forum. Members should consider this before posting sensitive information which is openly accessible to the public. :idea:

Can I edit my account name in this forum?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:04 pm

sahramkhalidi wrote:
Casa wrote:

Thank you

Can I edit my account name in this forum?
If you want to change your name displayed on the forum, post three choices in the following thread:
comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... 3-100.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Moderator admin you know how long takes for a letter to get respond from Home office ?

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Can anyone please tell me how long is the waiting from the home office, (permanent department EU ) to respond to a letter ????????????????????? I sent a letter regarding my Brp and wondering how long it will take I mean time processing limit to respond to my letter ?? Please share advise

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 pm

I doubt people notice here....!!!

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Casa wrote:

Thank you
There anyone notice my question apriciate if you can help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:53 pm

If people are not responding, it is because they don't know.

No one can tell you how long they will take to respond to you. There is a specific process to follow if you believe there is an error on your BRP. The information leaflet you got with your card would have told you what to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 pm

CR001 wrote:If people are not responding, it is because they don't know.

No one can tell you how long they will take to respond to you. There is a specific process to follow if you believe there is an error on your BRP. The information leaflet you got with your card would have told you what to do.
I did report the issue online, but BRP department replied Bach saying it's the in the HO record and it's how it appears on brp card, they said I have to write to Ho explaining the situation and I did write and sent it to the address I got my pr on letter. And now waiting I wanted to know after how long it can take for them to reply to letters they receive ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:57 pm

CR001 wrote:

Ok

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Can you please stop posting your BRP name error questions/posts in the PR processing topic. You have now been asked repeatedly not to post there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 pm

CR001 wrote:Can you please stop posting your BRP name error questions/posts in the PR processing topic. You have now been asked repeatedly not to post there.
Not helpful

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 am

akshar wrote:
CR001 wrote:Can you please stop posting your BRP name error questions/posts in the PR processing topic. You have now been asked repeatedly not to post there.
Not helpful
No one sees this topic and you are expecting me to ask my questions here ??? It's useless

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:11 am

akshar wrote:No one sees this topic and you are expecting me to ask my questions here ??? It's useless
You have been given advice. Maybe no one is responding because no one can tell you what you WANT to hear. No one knows how long it will take, we don't work for HO.

Maybe no one responds because you are impatient and demanding, posting all over the forum with multiple topics asking the same question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

yosho81
Newly Registered

Post by yosho81 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:49 pm

have received my BRP permanent residence, in my BRP card my name is written as AA BB CC (First name, Middle name, Surname) which I don't have middle name so BB should not be mentioned in my BRP card
I had the same issue when I had my first BRP but in different way! my name is AA BB CC in the passport
while in BRP of leave to remain was: AA == middle name is initials as it was very very long :lol: === and then my last name !!! I remembered that I panic and really had problem as my name is different everywhere (driving licence, council tax, bank..etc) now as I applied to ILR they fixed this mistake and print my name EXACTLY as it shows on my passport ... I dont think it's a big problem...but annoying

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 pm

yosho81 wrote:
have received my BRP permanent residence, in my BRP card my name is written as AA BB CC (First name, Middle name, Surname) which I don't have middle name so BB should not be mentioned in my BRP card
I had the same issue when I had my first BRP but in different way! my name is AA BB CC in the passport
while in BRP of leave to remain was: AA == middle name is initials as it was very very long :lol: === and then my last name !!! I remembered that I panic and really had problem as my name is different everywhere (driving licence, council tax, bank..etc) now as I applied to ILR they fixed this mistake and print my name EXACTLY as it shows on my passport ... I dont think it's a big problem...but annoying
Hi yosho 81

How long did it take to fix it ? And who did you contact the brp error ? Really appreciate for sharing your experience