ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My 9yr old son only granted LTR (30 Months)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wizkiddy
Newly Registered

My 9yr old son only granted LTR (30 Months)

Post by wizkiddy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 pm

I have been in the UK since 2004, since then I have been overstayer and so his my wife. My children are all born here in the UK. March 2016, I made application on Family life based on my 8yr old son then, but my solicitor advised that we make this application for my son only as he's the only one qualified in the family and he's autistic. My solicitor said at the time, if my son is granted automatically the whole family will be granted. Anyway we made the application and it was refused but an given appeal. We went to court and the appeal was allowed based on Human Rights. To cut the long story short, my son ONLY was granted Leave-to-Remain last month. We wrote to Home Office and they replied if any family member want to be included we should submit correct application and pay the appropriate fees.

Now my solicitor wants us apply for FLR FP based on family life. This is a family of six (Father, mother and 4 children) Home office fees alone is £4965 and £2500 for Immigration Health Surcharge. We don't have the money.

My question is: What is the likelihood of this application being successful if I apply alone or with just one dependant for now?

Or advise me any in other ways you think might help this family...I am on the verge of loosing my mind now..I can't continue to be living like this any longer..Please Help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: My 9yr old son only granted LTR (30 Months)

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Is there an option for you to return as a family to your home country? How are you surviving financially?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

wizkiddy
Newly Registered

Post by wizkiddy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Casa wrote:Is there an option for you to return as a family to your home country? How are you surviving financially?
No, the court ruled it was not in the best interest of the children to return to the country they don't know and autism is not recognised there. We have been supported financially by friends and family but it has been very tough.

What do you advise??

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Well the lawyer ought to have looked at your circumstances, and advise appropriately in regards to fee remission application, which you will likely get.

I don't understand how he could have applied for your child, but not the whole family.

I understand Home Office tends to refuse these applications, but upon appeal, it always tends to get approved.

The difficulty is, if you are refused now, you have to undergo the same appeal process again for 18 months, and this makes little sense.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wizkiddy
Newly Registered

Post by wizkiddy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Obie wrote:Well the lawyer ought to have looked at your circumstances, and advise appropriately in regards to fee remission application, which you will likely get.

I don't understand how he could have applied for your child, but not the whole family.

I understand Home Office tends to refuse these applications, but upon appeal, it always tends to get approved.

The difficulty is, if you are refused now, you have to undergo the same appeal process again for 18 months, and this makes little sense.

Yes it does. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 pm

wizkiddy wrote:Yes it does. Thanks

What does that mean?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi,
You might be able to make an applications for fee waiver !

Please refer to:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-refunds

Thanks

wizkiddy
Newly Registered

Post by wizkiddy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am

Kashif_Hussain wrote:Hi,
You might be able to make an applications for fee waiver !

Please refer to:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-refunds

Thanks
Many thanks bro