ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application - an assortment of questions.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

AN application - an assortment of questions.

Post by Tea_with_scones » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for maintaining this forum, the threads I've read have been very informative. Then again, there is a lot of information, so I would like to apologise for asking questions which have been already answered.

I am a EU national with DCPR in my pocket, getting ready for a NCS AN application this october. Already passed the Life in the UK test. I would like to use this thread to post questions with relation to my application, to keep everything neat. At the moment, I have 2 queries:

1) I have a referee who is a British Citizen and is EXACTLY 25 years old (Not in a professional standing). The official rules state "over the age of 25", though I've seen a few unofficial sources which interpret that as at least 25 or more. Is that the case? Can someone who is 25 fulfil this role?

2) Question about employment history. Yes, this has been asked a million times. In my case, I've spent all my time in the UK as a student or self-sufficient person. The only employment I've ever taken was very marginal, part-time work during my studies, for the university. I am asking about this because the application wants your national insurance contributions. My earning for that part time work has been so low (~£250 per year) that I did not pay any tax. In fact, at that point I didn't even realise I needed a NINo and hadn't applied for one until after having finished that marginal employment. University never asked for a NINo. So, I don't know if that part time work was even recorded against my name.

Thank you for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN application - an assortment of questions.

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:24 pm

I am a EU national with DCPR in my pocket, getting ready for a NCS AN application this october. Already passed the Life in the UK test.
Do you have a UK degree or the English B1 test?
1) I have a referee who is a British Citizen and is EXACTLY 25 years old (Not in a professional standing). The official rules state "over the age of 25", though I've seen a few unofficial sources which interpret that as at least 25 or more. Is that the case? Can someone who is 25 fulfil this role?
25 or over is fine.
2) Question about employment history. Yes, this has been asked a million times. In my case, I've spent all my time in the UK as a student or self-sufficient person. The only employment I've ever taken was very marginal, part-time work during my studies, for the university. I am asking about this because the application wants your national insurance contributions. My earning for that part time work has been so low (~£250 per year) that I did not pay any tax. In fact, at that point I didn't even realise I needed a NINo and hadn't applied for one until after having finished that marginal employment. University never asked for a NINo. So, I don't know if that part time work was even recorded against my name.
You need to list ANY employment you have undertaken.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tea_with_scones
Newly Registered

Re: AN application - an assortment of questions.

Post by Tea_with_scones » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, I do have a Bachelor's and a PhD degree, both obtained at UK universities, so that should cover it. :P