ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Application-Is it wise to apply now?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shilpababy
Newly Registered

HSMP Application-Is it wise to apply now?

Post by Shilpababy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:15 am

Hello,

Have a serious question: We are applying for HSMP.Started off by mailing documents and online application to NARIC.Awaiting results within 10-20 days, positively.Yet to appear for the IELTS soon(to be on the safer side).Only then, can I go ahead with sending the documents to the UK Home Office for HSMP Approval.

Now, that we hear the HSMP processes are going to undergo a shake and shuffle( which I'm not really aware of!), Is it wise to make an application at this point in time?
Please please help mw with this issue!

Regards & Thanks,
Shilpa

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Shilpa:

It depends on your circumstances. The new criteria is similar to the existing criteria, but you should confirm that you would still meet the new criteria. There are some posts in here about the differences.

In terms of the benefits of waiting, you would get an initial 3 year visa if you wait, instead of the 2 years that you would get now. Also, the process under the new scheme is one-step, not two as today, so it's easier.

If you're coming from India, I believe the new scheme takes effect in April, but it doesn't take effect from other countries until later in the year. If you're coming from somewhere else, waiting might be more than just a few months.

In my opinion, if the new scheme doesn't cause any problems for you in terms of criteria (which I'll assume is true), and you are coming from India, then I'd wait the 8 weeks or so to apply. This way, you'd get a 3 year visa, and a one step process.

Good luck.

Shilpababy
Newly Registered

Post by Shilpababy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 am

Hi,

Yes..I'm from India and have met the Eligibility of 75 points the Calculator.Thank you so much for the reply.

I am applying on my own for the HSMP. Will that be okay,what do you suggest?Also, any tips welcomed(I', extensively spending a lot of time on googling and seraching more info), as I dont know anyone personally who has applied for HSMP.

Regards,
Shilpa

daylebo5
Newly Registered

Post by daylebo5 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm

UKbound wrote:Hi Shilpa:

This way, you'd get a 3 year visa, and a one step process.

Good luck.
There are quite a few people who are saying in the new system it would be one step i.e. HSMP approval + EC...
is this confirmed ? Please could you give a link confirming this..

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm

It is better to apply under Tier 1..The adv. is that u need not send Docs to UK,but to BHC in India...So it is far safer ..Also u will get 3 years Visa not 2 years..So i would say that apply under Tier 1 (In April)

Shilpababy
Newly Registered

Post by Shilpababy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi,

ThankYou, ashish.Could ashish please mail me the site/forum/link/document where you read that under tier 1: the visa would be valid for 3 yrs and also the documents have to be sent to BHC India(if applying from India) and not to UK?
Its for my reference, i never found any sites mentioning this!

Thanks,
Shilpa

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Shilpa,

U need to go through this link

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... s/pbsdocs/

U will get all info about Tier 1 here...I think u Shd. apply on your own,it s not that difficult and if u go through this FORUm, u will probably get all answers..I did it my self and this FORUM helped me a lot..

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi Daylebo:

The original notices state that one of the points was consolidating the 2 steps into one -
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... asedsystem

Also, the fees notices that just came out support that.. They show the combined fee for both the visa and the Tier 1 approval, as opposed to the current separate fees.. And the news release about the fees indicate that the new structure will only have a separate fee for LTR in some small cases, where the points based structure doesn't apply.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... es/newfees
(The link there for the PDF on the fees indicate that the 2 now will be one in the future)

I know I've seen it more clearly identified, but I couldn't find the link that I was looking for. This should cover your concerns though. It's clear from the fees that it will be a once price, one step process, as they announced when they were initially looking at the changes.

I also remember reaading ashish's comments somewhere, that the process will have more local control since it's one step. There was a thread where that was discussed in detail, you can probably find it if you search for it on here. There seemed to be concern on the one side that more local control could make it more restrictive, but the other side felt that having the one-step process outweighed that since there was no need to 'reprove' that you qualified, asyou have to do today.

Hope that helps.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:55 pm

I think Ashish and I were responding at the same time.. Note that the link he provided also confirms the one-step process -

"There will be a single application process and single application fee, whether in or outside the UK
improving the efficiency of the decision making process. This replaces the current two-stage
process that exists for certain routes where applicants have to demonstrate that they meet the
relevant criteria prior to applying for entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK."

That quote is from the PDF on tier 1 charging impacts.. it's section 1.5 on page 4..

Thanks!

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:57 am

"
It is better to apply under Tier 1..The adv. is that u need not send Docs to UK,but to BHC in India...So it is far safer ..

"
unquote

I was going through new tier 1 documents, but i didn't find this information. Can you please let me know from where i can confirm this.

I was under assumption, that we still need to send all docs to home office only under new tier 1 also..