ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Importing banned food to UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mizer
Morocco

Importing banned food to UK

Post by mizer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 pm

hi everyone,
on 2009 I have been issued with warning letter after I brought 2 kg sausage from outside EU,at that time i wasn't aware about the banned food to enter to UK,now I'm about to apply for BC and i wondering if it will be wiser to declare this incident and if it's the case shall i put as simple caution or what?

mizer
Morocco

Re: Importing banned food to UK

Post by mizer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am

any one can help here!

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 pm

mizer wrote:hi everyone,
on 2009 I have been issued with warning letter after I brought 2 kg sausage from outside EU,at that time i wasn't aware about the banned food to enter to UK,now I'm about to apply for BC and i wondering if it will be wiser to declare this incident and if it's the case shall i put as simple caution or what?
I'm not too sure whether you need to declare this incident as simple caution or otherwise, but if I was you, then I'm gonna put all these details in additional information section and also clarify that you were unsure whether it was a caution and that's the reason you didn't mention it as a caution?
It's gonna benefit you somehow as you are not lying or trying to hide anything.
One of my friends forgot to write a crucial piece of information in his ILR application but fortunately he wrote this in additional section. Case worker called him for the interview and threatened him that he is gonna refuse his application, but he convinced him that it's a genuine mistake and he had no intentions to hide this information.That's how he got his ILR.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:41 pm

i been issued with warning letter after brought from my country 2 kg meat sausage on 2009.
on the letter says the goods on the attached (as detailed on form C156) have been seized under section 139 of the customs and excise management act 1974.this is without prejudice to any further action that the commissioner of customs and excise may take against you in connection with this seizure.
where i can declare this incident in additional information section or caution section!?