ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 2 Ext Online

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dan245
Newly Registered

Applying Tier 2 Ext Online

Post by Dan245 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Hello,

I am trying to apply Tier 2 General Extension online and I had a few queries, thanks.

The link I used is
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general

*Is this correct because it doesn't say Extension anywhere on the form.
* When I click the drop down menu for my current visa status the only option for tier 2 is Tier 2 (general) leave to remain. Is it same as Tier 2 General ?
*When I went to pay Immigration health charge from the website, the details are already picked from my form where it says Tier 2 again and not extension !!
* Unless, I give my IHS number, I cant click next, so cant see what the next question would be. But looking at the tob tabs, its "Download and Print" after IHS. So does that mean, no Maintenance/English/points proof requirements etc are not needed ?

I am a bit confused, any prompt response will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Dan245
Newly Registered

Re: Applying Tier 2 Ext Online

Post by Dan245 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Please, anyone has any helpful input for me ? thanks

Its urgent please...

lunallena
Mood:
European Union

Re: Applying Tier 2 Ext Online

Post by lunallena » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 am

*The link is correct. The fact that you are applying from the UK means you are extending your visa.
* Tier 2 (general) leave to remain is the same as Tier 2 general
* It does not have to say extension... because you are applying from UK, you are extending your corrent leave to remain
*If you are extending your current Tier 2 you don't need to show maintenance or English requirements. You should have done that when you first applied to your Tier2 so there is no need to do it again.

I hope this helps