ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I count as related for second referee?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cafm1992
Newly Registered

Do I count as related for second referee?

Post by Cafm1992 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I plan to act as the second referee for my girlfriends sister to register as British citizen, I am concerned that the home office may construe this as being related to the applicant.

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5.5 years and have known the sister for the same amount of time. I am over 25, a British citizen and me and my girlfriend do not live together.

In my mind, as my girlfriend and I are not legally bound or even in a defacto marriage, I am able to put myself down as 'Sisters Boyfriend of 5.5 years' in the, how do you know the applicant section.

Has anyone had issues using a sibling's boyfriend/girlfriend as a second referee before?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do I count as related for second referee?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:32 am

You are not related therefore no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.