ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tommitchell82
Newly Registered

Long residence queries

Post by Tommitchell82 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Dear Experienced and Senior Members,

I have few queries on ILR (LR) application which I am going to make (in person) beginning of September and I would be most thankful for your advice.

1. I entered the UK on 29th September 2007. I am planning to apply 6th of 7th September which I understand is OK (since within 28 days). However, my query is if I fill the application form (online + pay fees sometime in August) and attend on the 6th or 7th September, will my application be considered to have been made outside the 28 day window?

2. In 2015, I had a partner visa (FM) refused because I and my wife were not living together at that time as she was a student in a different city. Application was refused because I didn't meet eligibility criteria for "genuine and subsisting relationship". No general ground for refusal. I continued to have my Tier 2 visa. I hope that refusal does not reset my clock for continuous legal stay? Also, do I need to provide documents that I and my wife have been living together since then (which we have)?

Thank you very much in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Long residence queries

Post by iworker » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am

1. correct. thats fine. The date is counted when u attend the appointment, or the date you post your application (in case of postal applications).
2. Should not be a problem. No need for those docs as you are applying on 10 years.

Tommitchell82
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence queries

Post by Tommitchell82 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:29 pm

iworker wrote:1. correct. thats fine. The date is counted when u attend the appointment, or the date you post your application (in case of postal applications).
2. Should not be a problem. No need for those docs as you are applying on 10 years.

iworker - many thanks for your response.