ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR and baby's registration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR and baby's registration

Post by manibest » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,

I and my wife are applying for ILR end of august. we have a son born in 2015 and we are also expecting another baby. Our son's dependent visa is until 12 Feb 2018. We are planning to travel out of UK in November for 2 months.

Q1) If both parents get ILR, does it curtail or impact in anyway on our son's dependent visa? because if it does curtail his visa, he might not be able to come back to UK.

Q2) Should I apply for his BC registration before travelling. If I apply, How can I keep his original passport and BRP for his travelling?

Q3) My wife is expecting end of September and we are planning to get our ILR before that. the baby will straightaway get his passport. what is the procedure for this please? which form and what documents needed for this?

many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for ILR and baby's registration

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Q1) If both parents get ILR, does it curtail or impact in anyway on our son's dependent visa? because if it does curtail his visa, he might not be able to come back to UK.
No issue, as long as he returns to the UK before it expires. This assumes you are applying for ILR based on PBS route and 5 years residence.
Q2) Should I apply for his BC registration before travelling. If I apply, How can I keep his original passport and BRP for his travelling?
You can, if you have your ILR BRP. He will be required to submit biometrics, which he won't be able to do if you are away and if not done, his application will be rejected. Safer probably to apply when you return.
Q3) My wife is expecting end of September and we are planning to get our ILR before that. the baby will straightaway get his passport. what is the procedure for this please? which form and what documents needed for this?
Passport form from Post Office, complete and apply using the one week fast track service. You will have to submit your BRP card and passport too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manibest
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for ILR and baby's registration

Post by manibest » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Thank you for your kind response.

I spoke at ukvi customer service centre and asked about my son's visa status after I get ilr. He said my son will be able to stay in uk until his visa expires in Feb 2018.

However, he suggested that I should write my son as my dependent on my ilr application form so that home office will connect his dependent visa with my ilr.

I couldn't talk any further as the call got disconnected right after that.

Please suggest on whether or not I should specify my son on my visa application and if I do, do I need to his fee as well? Keeping in mind he will keep his current dependent visa.

Kind regards