ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ongoing appeal but visa granted [pls advise]

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhani2010
Newly Registered

Ongoing appeal but visa granted [pls advise]

Post by bhani2010 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi guys,
Just need some advice please.
So we made another application whilst the appeal was ongoing.
Now that we got the spouse visa how do we go about withdrawing the appeal. Is it possible for my husband to come to the UK then make the request for withdrawal since the hearing date is dated for November?
I called the HM tribunals and court today and I told them we would like to withdraw. However the staff wasn't able to give me much info. I was advised that my husband has to email the reason for withdrawal to customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Afterwards I asked her if he is able to travel after notifying. She said it's up to the Home Office and they can't say anything .

We already have his ticket booked. I simply do not want him to come accross any issues at the airport.
Any advice from you guys would be great help.
Thank you.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Ongoing appeal but visa granted [pls advise]

Post by New on forum » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:36 pm

bhani2010 wrote:Hi guys,
Just need some advice please.
So we made another application whilst the appeal was ongoing.
Now that we got the spouse visa how do we go about withdrawing the appeal. Is it possible for my husband to come to the UK then make the request for withdrawal since the hearing date is dated for November?
I called the HM tribunals and court today and I told them we would like to withdraw. However the staff wasn't able to give me much info. I was advised that my husband has to email the reason for withdrawal to customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Afterwards I asked her if he is able to travel after notifying. She said it's up to the Home Office and they can't say anything .

We already have his ticket booked. I simply do not want him to come accross any issues at the airport.
Any advice from you guys would be great help.
Thank you.
Very easy just send them a simple email saying you want to withdraw your appeal you don't have to even give a reason.
Make sure in the email you write appea ref and name and date of birth and address .
It will be withdrawn.