ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR transfer at a PSC and proof of right to work

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Scouse Mouse
Newly Registered

ILR transfer at a PSC and proof of right to work

Post by Scouse Mouse » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm

I posted last month in the citizenship forum but to summarise I am an American citizen born to a British mother (with an ILR stamp in an expired passport) and have lived and worked in the UK for 52 years. Last month I lost my job and found to my amazement I could no longer work in the UK without obtaining a BRP or using UKM for citizenship.

I'm still waiting for my police report to complete my UKM (better safe than sorry in case there's any little thing I did that I'd forgotten about in my early years), but then I was offered a new job. I started Monday and was sent home today when their HR belatedly caught on to the fact I needed a BRP....

I hope to find out tomorrow if they will keep the job open for me and if so it will only be for two weeks..

I see I can get an appointment at a premium service centre within that time frame.. What I can't find out is if my application is approved same day or next will my employer be able to phone and check with the home office that I have been approved or will I have to wait another week or 10 days until I receive my card?

If so I will probably lose the job :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR transfer at a PSC and proof of right to work

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Yes they should be able to do the ECS check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Scouse Mouse
Newly Registered

Post by Scouse Mouse » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:07 pm

I've booked an appointment at Liverpool psc on the 8th August, originally it was for the 11th but they are adding cancelled slots regularly.
I'm worried my discharged bankruptcy and current bankruptcy restrictions undertaking may affect my application. Where would I stand if it was refused? I have ILR and the right to work, just not the required proof in the form of a biometric...

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aleksej2008 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Scouse Mouse wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm
I posted last month in the citizenship forum but to summarise I am an American citizen born to a British mother (with an ILR stamp in an expired passport) and have lived and worked in the UK for 52 years. Last month I lost my job and found to my amazement I could no longer work in the UK without obtaining a BRP or using UKM for citizenship.

I'm still waiting for my police report to complete my UKM (better safe than sorry in case there's any little thing I did that I'd forgotten about in my early years), but then I was offered a new job. I started Monday and was sent home today when their HR belatedly caught on to the fact I needed a BRP....

I hope to find out tomorrow if they will keep the job open for me and if so it will only be for two weeks..

I see I can get an appointment at a premium service centre within that time frame.. What I can't find out is if my application is approved same day or next will my employer be able to phone and check with the home office that I have been approved or will I have to wait another week or 10 days until I receive my card?

If so I will probably lose the job :(
Go for BRP
A current Immigration Status Document issued by the Home Office to the holder with an endorsement indicating that the named person is allowed to stay indefinitely in the UK or has no time limit on their stay in the UK together with an official document giving the person’s permanent National Insurance number and their name issued by a Government agency or a previous employer.

If you have the letter confirming why the company had to let you go please keep it.
Thanks
Aleksej2008