ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should i apply for British Citizenship - few questions ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Should i apply for British Citizenship - few questions ?

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:00 am

I have applied for spouse visa, my wife is pregnant in Pakistan, and this is her 3 month. I hoping that she will get visa in next 3 months.

She is under observation of Gynaecologist, there are some complications and her doctor might not allow her to travel before baby birth.

I have few questions here;

01) I have ILR from July 2015, and I am eligible to apply for British citizenship, roughly how long will it to complete naturalisation process (my route is tier1 general 5 years + 1 year ILR).

02) If my baby birth will be in Pakistan, and I have British Passport and my wife is Pakistani, can I apply baby’s British Passport. One Parent British Passport is enough, or both should be have settlement status in UK.

03) After having Settlement – wife (dependant visa) for my wife, she can apply ILR after 5 years or 10 years?

04) If I will get British Nationality and she is on Settlement – wife (dependant visa on my previous ILR), still she will be on 5/10 years route for ILR eligibility?

Please guide

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Should i apply for British Citizenship - few questions ?

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:08 am

01) I have ILR from July 2015, and I am eligible to apply for British citizenship, roughly how long will it to complete naturalisation process (my route is tier1 general 5 years + 1 year ILR).

It can take up to 6 months, sometimes a bit longer. Your 'route' doesn't make a difference.
02) If my baby birth will be in Pakistan, and I have British Passport and my wife is Pakistani, can I apply baby’s British Passport. One Parent British Passport is enough, or both should be have settlement status in UK.
Yes, it can take many months though.
03) After having Settlement – wife (dependant visa) for my wife, she can apply ILR after 5 years or 10 years?
5 years.
04) If I will get British Nationality and she is on Settlement – wife (dependant visa on my previous ILR), still she will be on 5/10 years route for ILR eligibility?

A spouse visa is a 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas)
I have applied for spouse visa, my wife is pregnant in Pakistan, and this is her 3 month. I hoping that she will get visa in next 3 months.

She is under observation of Gynaecologist, there are some complications and her doctor might not allow her to travel before baby birth.
You do realise that if her spouse visa is granted, she will only get an initial visa in her passport valid for 30 days and she must travel within the 30 days to collect her BRP in the UK within 10 days of arrival. If she is unable to travel within the 30 day validity, you will have to pay the fee (£168 I think) for a new 30 visa vignette.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks Casa!

one more question, if she is unable to travel and will apply for new vignette (with fee £168), will she get new start date on BRP according to new vignette?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 am

Probably not, I am not sure. The start date is from date of approval, so she will likely end up with a shortfall and require two extensions in the UK instead of one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:55 am

Ok. thanks very much for your help and guidance.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
bhatti_pk wrote: 02)If my baby birth will be in Pakistan, and I have British Passport and my wife is Pakistani, can I apply baby’s British Passport. One Parent British Passport is enough, or both should be have settlement status in UK.
Yes, it can take many months though.
If date of birth of the child is on or after the date of your citizenship ceremony;
  • child is British by descent and can apply for a British passport directly
If date of birth of the child is before (even by one day) the date of your citizenship ceremony;
  • child will have the same immigration status as that of the mother and will have to get ILR with the mother before being registered as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Josh29
Newly Registered

Post by Josh29 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:32 pm

even you on ILR, your born baby can apply for British passport straightaway, you don't have to hold British passport for that, if you need to apply as you will be eligible that your wish.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Josh29 wrote:even you on ILR, your born baby can apply for British passport straightaway, you don't have to hold British passport for that, if you need to apply as you will be eligible that your wish.
Not if the child is born abroad. Only children born in the UK to a parent with ILR get British citizenship automatically.

Non-British children born abroad follow the immigration path of the less-privileged parent.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you simon .. yes i am going to apply naturalization in next 2,3 days, i hope i will get a status within 6 months.

--

One more question, can i apply naturalization without providing them my original passport and BPR, as it takes 6 months , and i need to travel for office work.

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:One more question, can i apply naturalization without providing them my original passport and BPR, as it takes 6 months , and i need to travel for office work.

Please advise
Apply using NCS at the council, you get to keep all your original documents and you can apply for citizenship and passport jointly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks very mcuh casa and simon

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Can someone tell me, for settlement wife VISA, if ILR route is 5 years time. then how much time she is allowed to go outside UK in 5 years time ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:Can someone tell me, for settlement wife VISA, if ILR route is 5 years time. then how much time she is allowed to go outside UK in 5 years time ?
There is no absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:58 pm

By the way....it's CR001 who has been giving you advice...I can't take the credit. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Casa wrote:By the way....it's CR001 who has been giving you advice...I can't take the credit. :idea:
I have lost the will to keep correcting! Tea..........?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:04 pm

thanks CR001 , you are a star, always helping us and giving us good advises. many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:07 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:thanks CR001 , you are a star, always helping us and giving us good advises. many thanks
You are welcome. Feel free to keep asking any questions you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks CR001

Now I am filling AN form for Naturalisation

--

For references: I have all British friends who are Software Engineers or in IT industry. Can i get reference from them? I don't know any accountant or solicitor or doctor who know me from 3 years.

please advise if software engineers professionals are OK to give reference.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 am

As far as I am aware, no you can't. What about a personal licence holder (off licence owner), minister of religion, manager of a Ltd company?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:26 am

Yes, I know 2 Managers - (One IT Manager, One Operational Manager) in LTD company. and One Managing Director of LTD company.

Who is most suitable for professional reference?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 am

Managing Director.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 pm

thanks CR001

I will request him tomorrow for reference. thanks very much for the help.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

Dear members / gurus

I have filling the AN form

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _02-17.pdf

i have few questions

1.1 Please give any reference numbers used in your immigration applications.
Question: I don't remember or i don't have any reference number, what should i write here

I want to keep my biometirc card with me (ILR), as i need travel in next few months, shall i fill the Part 6, (6. Biometric enrolment) information in AN form

6.13 Date your fingerprints were taken:
Question: Is it the date when i applied ILR and i have used in person appointment.

SECTION 5 Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions:required for all applicants
except those covered by SECTION 4 above.
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK Or
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK
• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence of appeal applications
Or
• Evidence of being freely landed

Question: I have ILR, do i need to submit anything for above SECTION 5

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2017.pdf
Question: Is this correct link for application fee, shall i write £1282 in last fee form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm

1.1 Please give any reference numbers used in your immigration applications.
Question: I don't remember or i don't have any reference number, what should i write here
BRP Card number should be fine.
I want to keep my biometirc card with me (ILR), as i need travel in next few months, shall i fill the Part 6, (6. Biometric enrolment) information in AN form

6.13 Date your fingerprints were taken:
Question: Is it the date when i applied ILR and i have used in person appointment.
Section 6 is mandatory. Yes date you did biometrics for ILR is fine.
SECTION 5 Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions:required for all applicants
except those covered by SECTION 4 above.
• Your passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK Or
• The Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain permanently in the UK
• If you came to the UK as an asylum seeker you should have evidence of appeal applications
Or
• Evidence of being freely landed

Question: I have ILR, do i need to submit anything for above SECTION 5
Yes, you have to submit your BRP showing you have ILR.

Assuming you are applying through NCS, you will get to keep your passport and BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Thanks CR001 for swift response, really happy with your guidance.

Also How to pay the AN fee :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t_2017.pdf
Question: Is this correct link for application fee, shall i write £1282 in last fee form?

I want to apply through NCS , I will apply with my passport application, do i have to pay passport fee separately?