ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preparing other documents whilst divorce not concluded

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Preparing other documents whilst divorce not concluded

Post by ahsanshafqat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:34 am

Hi
I need advise on the following,

My divorce is in progress with my wife, I am uk passport holder, When the things gone bad with my wife, i traveled to Pakistan and where i got engaged and i am planning to marry her after the divorce is finalized, I want to apply UK NARIC for my fiance and prepare other required documents, so that i can go to pakistan and marry her then apply for her spouse visa, would it do any effect on her spouse visa application because i would be applying for uk naric and preparing other documents before the divorce finalized. if i prepare all the documents like my employment letters, bank statement etc, would it have any impact on my future wife's visa spouse visa application? or should i start preparing all the documents after the divorce is finalized and when i will recived decree absolute in uk.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Preparing other documents whilst divorce not concluded

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:42 pm

ahsanshafqat wrote:Hi
I need advise on the following,

My divorce is in progress with my wife, I am uk passport holder, When the things gone bad with my wife, i traveled to Pakistan and where i got engaged and i am planning to marry her after the divorce is finalized, I want to apply UK NARIC for my fiance and prepare other required documents, so that i can go to pakistan and marry her then apply for her spouse visa, would it do any effect on her spouse visa application because i would be applying for uk naric and preparing other documents before the divorce finalized. if i prepare all the documents like my employment letters, bank statement etc, would it have any impact on my future wife's visa spouse visa application? or should i start preparing all the documents after the divorce is finalized and when i will recived decree absolute in uk.
As long as you are free to marry when you do actually marry, it doesn't matter. Do or don't - it's up to you when you get your docs ready! Just be advised that the most recent pay slips/ letters from employers and landlords etc..... must be dated no later than 28 days before the application. Anything that is time sensitive, or the situation could have changed in the intervening time should be as recent as possible.

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahsanshafqat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks for your reply, so you mean to say that i can prepare other required documents for spouse visa before the divorce is concluded, and it would not have any impact on spouse visa application later.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:46 pm

ahsanshafqat wrote:Thanks for your reply, so you mean to say that i can prepare other required documents for spouse visa before the divorce is concluded, and it would not have any impact on spouse visa application later.

Correct - you can prepare the docs that are not time sensitive.

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahsanshafqat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks
so can you please list the documents for spouse visa which are not time sensitive and also those documents which time sensitive. Thanks in advance.

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahsanshafqat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi
I would be very thankful if somebody can provide me list of document i can prepare before the divorce is concluded, Thanks in advance.

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 pm

ahsanshafqat wrote:Thanks
so can you please list the documents for spouse visa which are not time sensitive and also those documents which time sensitive. Thanks in advance.
I think this situation is so rare not many have been in this situation, my advice would always to be to wait before investing in a new relationship so soon after the demise of old one.

So best if you feedback here with your findings after you apply?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahsanshafqat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi
I have been separated from my ex for more then a year, Divorce was delayed by her for more then 6 months, otherwise i would have waited for divorce, so i think i should wait for divorce then if nobody can help about documents. Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

ahsanshafqat wrote:Hi
I would be very thankful if somebody can provide me list of document i can prepare before the divorce is concluded, Thanks in advance.

Regards
Start looking through a paper copy of the application and Appendix 2. There is not a 'definitive list' of documents and it will completely depend on your individual circumstances.

ahsanshafqat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ahsanshafqat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm

I was thinking about preparing UK Naric, my employment letters and salary slips before the divorce? what do you think. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:18 pm

physicskate wrote:[
As long as you are free to marry when you do actually marry, it doesn't matter. Do or don't - it's up to you when you get your docs ready! Just be advised that the most recent pay slips/ letters from employers and landlords etc..... must be dated no later than 28 days before the application. Anything that is time sensitive, or the situation could have changed in the intervening time should be as recent as possible.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.