ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

could anyone who landed UK to help me on this, thanks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bearandcatuk
Newly Registered

could anyone who landed UK to help me on this, thanks

Post by bearandcatuk » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:07 pm

hi, everyone,

i am a new joiner to this forum. i got my EC yesterday. on it, it says "valid from 22/11/04 to 22/11/05", now i am a little confused on that. i read from "immigration directorates' instruction" that "3.3 leave to enter should be granted for 12 months code1" by immigration officer. therefore, could anyone who already landed UK under HSMP tell me how the 12 months are counted, i.e. the period specified on my visa, or, 12 months from the date when i land UK as approved by the immigration officer at the airport terminus?

i need this urgently...

also, another question, please help to share your experience whether a medical certificate or examination is required when i arrive at airport terminus?

thank you all :lol:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:38 pm

well your visa will expire on the 22/11/2005 as it says on the stamp. however for future applications regarding Indefinite Leave to remain, it will be the day you actually enter the UK

bearandcatuk
Newly Registered

Post by bearandcatuk » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:45 pm

Thanks, F2K

Say, I come in April 2005 and I need to apply for an extension after 10 months, shall I do that in September 2005 (two months before November as stated on visa) or in February 2006 (ten months after my entry)?

Thanks

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:11 pm

Obviously you have to apply for the 3 years extension , 2 months before the expiry date on your passport. There is no relation to the date of your having entered in the UK.

However f2k's posting regarding the ILR considering 4 years from the date of entering UK will create problems for out of country applicants as no one would have completed four years in Uk at the time of expiry of 3 year FLR period as no one would have left his home country for UK the same day he got the initial 1 year EC stamp. This is a problem which would have to be tackled in the next 3 years when the 1st of the HSMP visas come up for ILR

bani

Re: could anyone who landed UK to help me on this, thanks

Post by bani » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:56 am

can anyone answer this question? I also wondered about it, because the EC didn't have a medical certificate requirement.
bearandcatuk wrote:hi, everyone,

also, another question, please help to share your experience whether a medical certificate or examination is required when i arrive at airport terminus?

thank you all :lol:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:06 am

Rog wrote: However f2k's posting regarding the ILR considering 4 years from the date of entering UK will create problems for out of country applicants as no one would have completed four years in Uk at the time of expiry of 3 year FLR period as no one would have left his home country for UK the same day he got the initial 1 year EC stamp. This is a problem which would have to be tackled in the next 3 years when the 1st of the HSMP visas come up for ILR
i think it is possible, because when you apply for EC you can ask for a date anytime within 3 months (they dont always do this as Noddy found out), so in reality you can enter the UK on day one of the Visa, and i think you can apply for ILR at 3years and 10 or 11 months, even though you wouldnt have reached the 4 year mark

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:31 am

To the best of my knowledge, when you enter UK on a long stay visa you will have to undergo some medical tests at the airport. I assume this will include HSMP visas.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:40 am

Medical is required when coming to the UK for more than 6 months regardless of the visa category. It also depends on how EC is done. Because sometimes the medical is conducted in the home country. When that is not done, after immigration at the airport, they will take a chest xray from you and your details, and then send you a letter to register with the local hospital.

John
United Kingdom

Medical?

Post by John » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:18 pm

Certainly on arrival at Heathrow a medical might be needed.

However if flying into a provincial airport the experience varies considerably. So dependent upon where you are flying into may determine whether you are sent for a medical or not.

For example, flying into Birmingham .... no permanent medical examination facility. It has been known for a doctor to be called to the airport, but usually for first-time arrivals on visas exceeding six months there is no mention of a medical.

bani

Post by bani » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:55 am

Thanks for the replies :). I haven't done a medical exam and I am arriving at Gatwick on Wednesday. How long does the medical exam take? Do they charge you - and if so, how much does it cost?

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:30 pm

i think you need to hold a chest Xray from a reputable hospital in your country, and present it when asked. This will make the process much shorter for u when u get to the airport

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:15 pm

bani wrote:Thanks for the replies :). I haven't done a medical exam and I am arriving at Gatwick on Wednesday. How long does the medical exam take? Do they charge you - and if so, how much does it cost?
Please share your experience later on ..
Good luck !

John
United Kingdom

How much? How long?

Post by John » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:12 pm

From my wife's experience when she first landed at Heathrow .... examination is free .... and took a lot less than 30 minutes.

So no big deal.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:35 pm

thanks for the replies. have had no time for a medical exam, will definitely post what my experience at the airport is like.

taikoo
Newly Registered

Post by taikoo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:29 am

Dear Bani,

Congratulation on your immigration to UK. Btw, after your immigration process in the airport, did you have to undergo any medical tests? If yes, what type? Please share your experiences...thanks..

bani

Post by bani » Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:54 pm

hi everyone. this is my first post from the uk :).

i arrived last wednesday at gatwick. plane was not even half-full so got through immigration and customs fairly quickly. i was only asked what i'll be doing (i already had a job offer so i told IO i'll be working - she didn't even ask to see the letter), if the employer helped me get hsmp, and what documentss did i need to submit to both the hsmp team and british embassy manila. she didn't ask to see any papers, just stamped me in. there was no medical exam, no x-ray. i was out of the airport 30 min. after landing :).

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:09 pm

Hi Bani, glad it all worked out. Welcome to the UK!

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:09 pm

Good luck with settling down here and a new job. Welcome to the UK :)

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:17 am

Wow, no medical. How does one get to land in Gatwick anyway? I have been to the UK quite a few times, but I have never landed in gatwick.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903